[QUOTE=PoorYorick]
When asked to solve, the contestant gleefully yells, “General Motors Cooperation!”
[/QUOTE]
Boile_ lobster with _rawn butter
“I’ll solve, Pat. Boiled lobster with prawn butter!”
[QUOTE=PoorYorick]
When asked to solve, the contestant gleefully yells, “General Motors Cooperation!”
[/QUOTE]
Boile_ lobster with _rawn butter
“I’ll solve, Pat. Boiled lobster with prawn butter!”
[QUOTE=tdn]
Boile_ lobster with _rawn butter
“I’ll solve, Pat. Boiled lobster with prawn butter!”
[/QUOTE]
So what is the correct answer then? ![]()
[QUOTE=Cunctator]
So what is the correct answer then? ![]()
[/QUOTE]
Drawn butter, I think.
[QUOTE=BayleDomon]
Drawn butter, I think.
[/QUOTE]
What does that mean? “Drawn” from where?
[QUOTE=Cunctator]
What does that mean? “Drawn” from where?
[/QUOTE]
It’s another phrase for “clarified butter” – melted butter with the solids removed.
(I’ve never heard of “prawn butter,” certainly never in relation to lobster.)
[QUOTE=BayleDomon]
Drawn butter, I think.
[/QUOTE]
Great scott. I saw that and said to myself “Boiled Lobster with prawn butter, duh.” I better cancel that application to Wheel of Fortune.
[QUOTE=PoorYorick]
In this instance, I imagine the contestant whose turn it was next experiencing a religious conversion.
[/QUOTE]
And the prize for most awkwardly constructed sentence goes to . . . POORYORICK!!
[QUOTE=Helen’s Eidolon]
The best part of that is that the other thing the family was screaming out other than Europe was… AFRICA.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, man. The host is a riot in that clip.
Right after he hears Europe, he repeats it, and turns to the camera with a deadpan look. And you can just feel the resignation in his pause between “We want to see” and “Europe!”
I’d love to see this in real life: