Dumbest song lyrics in recent memory?

I nominate “Sex on Fire” by Kings of Leon. If your sex is on fire, you need to see a doctor about some antibiotics, pronto.

Your nominations?

“My lovely lady lumps” I don’t care how hot a woman is, if she starts telling me about her lady lumps, I’m outta there.

“I cry when angels deserve to die” Stupid on multiple levels.

The whole “So what” song by pink. I don’t know exactly what to pinpoint because the minute the song comes on I start screaming “STUPID! STUPID! STUPID” while jabbing toothpicks into my ears.

I heard some horrible warbaling about someone being “like a bird” and “not knowing where thier home is”. :rolleyes:

Homing Pidgens, the whole “Capistrano” thing, migration patterns…

:smack:

[QUOTE
<SNIP>
The whole “So what” song by pink. I don’t know exactly what to pinpoint because the minute the song comes on I start screaming “STUPID! STUPID! STUPID” while jabbing toothpicks into my ears.[/QUOTE]

I’d say it’s the sing-song, irritating juvenile tone and since you’ve been fortunate enough notto get past the first “na na na na na na " it’s best to count your blessings. Let me just say the chorus contains the lyric"and you’re a tool”.
Jeez, what is it with Pink. I know she’s supposed to be a “bad girl” but what is she, 10?

“Closer than my peeps you are to me.”

“I’ve been through the desert on a horse with no name.”

… name the fucking horse!

• Courtesy of Richard Jeni, deceased.

All Saints - “Never Ever”. Lyrics:

“Vexing vocabulary runs right through me
The alphabet runs right from A to Z”

WOW, REALLY?!?!??!!??!

Shit! I know the song but can’t think of it. A little help please?

Paralyzer by Finger Eleven

Most of the lyrics are pretty dumb, but this is the worst one, IMHO.

“I hold on so nervously to me and my drink. I wish it was cooling me.”

The annoying things is, it’s a good song other than the lyrics. Whenever it comes on the radio I start bopping along with it. Then I remember the stupid lyrics and it spoils it. :frowning:

I had to google it, since I didn’t know either. Apparently it is a song by Shaggy called Angel.

Which is loosely based on a song called Angel of the Morning.

Yeah, I thought it was a parody the first time I heard it. I laughed until I found out that it was supposed to be serious.

B-a-n-a-n-a-s!

Hy hump. My hump my hump my hump.

Without question, “YAHH!” by Soulja Boy. Literally 4 minutes of him yelling “Yah!!” into the microphone over (admittedly) a pretty catchy beat. Was on the radio here in Atlanta for a long time. The entire chorus is the words “Get out my face, ho.” over and over 8 times.

It kinda makes sense as an expression of the annoyance of being suddenly famous, but still… very very dumb,

“Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world”

A song so dumb it’s sublime, so it may deserve it’s own category.

Nelly: “It’s getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes”
Chorus: “It is getting so hot, I’m gonna take my clothes off”

Nominated for the lack of any effort to rhyme at all, or even to do something other than restate the same line. I remember how much this confused my poor dad the first time he heard it. In the 60s and 70s, rockers would write any stupid thing just to make a rhyme, but here was Nelly doing this.

Take that back, jedi mind tricks are NOT dumb!

At risk of being branded a heretic, I submit the following:

:confused:

"Riders on the storm
Riders on the storm
Into this house were born
Into this world were thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm

Theres a killer on the road
His brain is squirmin like a toad
Take a long holiday