DVDSpot shutting down: where to now?

I used to catalog my DVD collection on DVD Aficionado. But I quit them when they switched to their new format. So I moved to DVD Spot. Now they’re shutting down.

Any recommendations for an online DVD cataloging site?

ETA: Speaking of moving, can somebody move this to Cafe Society where it belongs?

Off to Cafe Society.

I’m not up on online DVD cataloging, so I don’t know what the advantages of it are.

I use software called Movie Collector Pro from Collectorz.com to keep track of my collection. It works well. When I type the title of a new aquisition into it, it goes to a variety of sites (I find Amazon and IMDB to be plenty) and gets all the info on the film, including some artwork, and adds it to the list in alphabetical order. My only complaint is that I have to go back and edit the title if it starts with “The” and put the “The” at the end. Maybe newer versions than I own (4.8) have this fixed, but it’s a minor inconvenience.

You might want to look around for this software if you can’t find an acceptable online alternative.

I use DVD Profiler. I hate that they’ve gone to a fee for the full-featured version, but I’ve decided to bite the bullet and pay it.