E-bay question: studio passes, are they copies?

I am looking specifically at this item. There are eighteen available. I don’t think this is unreasonable, say, if the actor is issued a new one each day.

Though this item, a stage pass for a SNL host, has seventeen up for sale. Why so many?

The seller seems ok. They have MANY other items up for sale, so I don’t believe they’re really trying to con anyone… maybe just “forgetting” to put in that the item is a copy.

I assume that they’re copies of an origional, but I’d like to have a couple other opinions. Sorry to post an e-bay q here, googling wasn’t exactly doing much in this case.

Thanks in advance.

-C_e

I am not a collectibles expert.

But my personal opinion is that not only is it not original, but not even an exact copy of an original- the layout and info on the item looks like it is something someone made up as a collectible, sort of like a novelty driver’s license for someone famous. The fact that there are so many of them, that the price is so cheap, and that it states “for entertainment purposes only” also make me think “not authentic”.

Hm, that’s kinda what I figured. Was hoping, though, that old ones are given out by the studio or some such arrangement.

Anyway, thanks.

Hey for $2.50 you probably were not looking for an investment but a decorating curio.
Buy it, and if it looks cheesy upon delivery, give it to your kid sister as a bookmark.

Plus it says something like “ID pass for studio entry”- I don’t think ID passes state they are ID passes on them.

They can say anything at all. Individual ordinary aides, secretaries, and backstage functionaries order them you know, there’s no rule book.

In fact, at that price I’d say it’s impossible that they are forged.
If you’ve ever been to an ephemerial material convention, all sellers are awash with similar items, all slowly losing luster and becoming bargin bin material.

Back passes happen. There must be a lot more printed than are wanted later.

3" x 6", and no visible means of attachment? 17 copies of a photo ID for a single week of access (jn the case of Amanda Byrnes/SNL) and no validating stamp/signature or expiration date on the face?

Sorry, I have to concur that it is a novelty. I’ve run charity events that issued access passes, and an ungainly laminated card like this wouldn’t be a mistake you’d make twice. I can’t believe that SNL hasn’t gotten past the “hole punch and string” stage in 30 years. The larger studio would demand something useful.