E85 car fuel - need some info

There are a few stations in town offering the new E85 fuel at a price of about $1.60. (From what I understand it’s 85% ethanol and 15% petroleum based) Correct it wrong.

So what I want to know is this. Are there only certain cars that will run this fuel, as I’ve heard rumored around the office? What are the bennies/drawbacks of running it? Has the technology been tested enough to know if it’s safe over the long term to run?

If it helps we have 2001 models of the Stratus and Alero if anyone knows right off if we can use this product.

Thanks for any info.

Never mind. Found a site offering the info I needed. Request to close thread. Thanks

Whats the site?

I’m curious as well, since the local news had a story today about this new ethanol-based fuel as well.

Check your owner’s manual to see if your car will run E85. Also note that you will get worse mileage using E85 (ethonal has less energy per gallon than gasonline); I know my uncle’s Explorer, which is E85 certified, says in the owner’s manual that mileage may be reduced by up to 30%, thus making E85 more expensive overall to use.

http://www.e85fuel.com/index.php