Educational toys - at the sex shop

As a research assistant, I have used some materials out of their original context. Forceps specialized to keep human eyes open are perfect of holding a mouse’s abdominal cavity open during surgery. I once spent the better part of a week trying to find extra-small catheters that are used on premature babies. The people I spoke to were very surprized when I told them that I was going to use them on mice.

This doctor has taken it to another level!

More power to her. It might be a little unorthodox, but if it helps doctors visualize their targets…er…patients better, then it’s cool.

Sounds like you may have stumbled upon your next job! :wink:

Yeah, but finding a mouse-sized dildo might be tough.

Glass pipet, melted and shaped for the purpose. Need one? :smiley:

Are you running a Mouse of Ill Repute?

Kinda makes you wonder why this hasn’t been thought of before, by medical types.

Member of the Mice Squad.

I think this is a wonderful idea.

Then people would know that DOCTORS go to SEX SHOPS!! gasp

Medical research. Uh huh. Sure.

Getting medical supplies from a sex shop? What’s next, me getting art supplies from a medical supply shop? Actually, yeah. My human skull should arrive in the mail any day now.

Kinda makes you wonder where they put it, doesn’t it?

Damn near killed 'im.

What are those things called, anyway? I used some of those in a short story of mine, and I just ended up calling them “Ludovico Restraints.”

If you’d like, I can take a look in the surgical supply catalog and send you their “real” name. To me, everything boils down to “thingies” and “those thingies over there.” I guess that’s why us mouse surgeons work solo. :slight_smile:

The words “Dr. Pugh’s prostate simulator,” sound too much like “Ron Popeil’s Pocket Fisherman.”

Do you mean a ‘retractor’ of some sort? (See the picture, right-hand column, second-from-the-top.)

Just to elaborate, these, too, are retractors, and are probably more like the things you’re recalling that were in Alex’s eyes after he had received his 'vitamins" and was watching the horrorshow vids while listening to the Glorious Ninth.

Probably—I was just wondering if the “eyeball-holder-opener-thingies” had a special name. Like the Nelaton Probe, or the Liston Knife, or the Orbitoclast.

I just went with the book & called them “lid-locks”.