Election Day [Week][Month[s]] [Year] 2020 follow-along thread

Summary:
“Please oh wise Supremes, don’t let Georgia certify, so we can search yet again for all these fraudulent votes that we haven’t managed to find in over a month!”

Well, lookee here. I’m not familiar with this woman, but this is certainly the first evangelical to speak against the cult of Trump.

There have been others. Christianity Today came out with a scathing editorial and stance a few years ago. Not enough, though. Reading the responses to Moore’s tweet was a bit troubling. Abortion has really become the big stick of the right. They can talk themselves into almost anything, like believing Trump is a good man, in the name of fighting abortion.

Ah, you’re right. Forgot about Christianity Today.

Exactly a year ago they called for Trump to be removed from office.

When I read Flynn’s quote, I literally said out loud, we already did.

I love how she warned against turning from Trumpism to Bidenism. That’s like warning meth heads about becoming addicted to milk.

Study suggests that Trump’s poor covid policies are what did hinm in, and that if the covid rates had been lower, he would have been re-elected:

Absolutely perverse that that’s the case given Biden’s 7-million vote lead. Dems need to move to red/swing States pronto to insulate against the GOP in future.

The WI Electors meet at Noon CST, I would expect the WI Supreme Court to rule before then. I guess it is possible that they don’t and then later say it is moot.
Brian

Perfect!

We could try Ebola next time. Or smallpox — isn’t there some in some vials in…Georgia…?

I mean, the next time we Dems need to get rid of a Republican president.

Trump is going to have alternative electors for states like GA, PA, etc.

Why do you say that? Did I miss something?

I know for PA, for example, the legislature is in recess and will not be meeting to appoint an alternate slate.

In GA the governor refused a special session that could have done the same.

And, of course, state law in both states does not allow them to appoint an alternate slate even if they had a majority that wanted to.

The first electoral votes have been cast, according to CNN’s vote-tracker: Vermont sent three votes for Biden.

The tension mounts.

Michigan state Capitol is closed to the public for the vote, because of security concerns.

TN voted, Trump is ahead 11-3
(I’m not going to post for every update, just when Biden hits 270, or possibly after WI)

Brian

Something is wrong in Michigan.

Republicans are going to attempt something.

He was just removed from key committees in congress for suggesting violence/action.

Just to clarify, the subject of the article (Rep. Gary Eisen) is not in Congress – he’s a state legislator. But good on the Michigan GOP leadership for responding so swiftly and strongly to his playing around with threats of violence.