Electric Scooter Battery replacement...

I commute on an electric scooter (kind of like a Razor, but bigger and with a throttle and brake) and one of my concerns are the antiquated lead-acid batteries…according to the manual they only can be charged 300 times. Is it possible to replace them with an NiMH or Li+ so long as the voltage and Amphours are the same?

I did a Google search for replacement scooter batteries and it listed a whole bunch of lead acid ones…

As far as I know, the lead-acid batteries last ~9-10 months. You can replace them at the same dealer you bought the scooter. I’ve never heard of any other kind for car or scooter (they are modified car batteries, after all).

Yes, you should be able to replace your lead batteries with other types if the voltage is the same. How long the scooter will run depends on the amphours rating of the replacement - if the replacement has a greater rating, you can run longer before recharging. It doesn’t do any harm to replace your batteries with others of a different amphour rating. But it would be harmful to use a different voltage. By “different” is meant perhaps 10% or 20% different could risk hurting something.