Elizabeth Warren's role

Seriously, you are going to use as a citation a wiki that is a project of Legal Insurrection? Do you have any charges that are substantiated outside of the far Right echo chamber?

I’d say, Mrs. Robinson in a remake of The Graduate. Unless they reboot Murder, She Wrote.

You seem to have amazing insight into the hiring process, in fact, much more insight than the people who actually were involved in it. I guess you right-wingers can just intuit how everything really happens.

Colleges have defended ardently their right to take race into account when hiring or admitting. Liberals cannot then claim that colleges are not taking race into account when hiring. It may not be as black and white as us right-wingers say, but then again Michigan actually gave points for race. Doesn’t get any less gray than that.

Enough incite to know that around her hiring time was a good time to be a women minority. From the Washington Post “Harvard Law School at the time was embroiled in a fierce debate over lack of faculty diversity. African American law professor Derrick Bell took a two-year leave of absence to protest the program’s hiring policies, students held frequent demonstrations over the same cause and the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination had filed a probable cause finding against the school for denying tenure to Clare Dalton, a liberal instructor.”
I would not expect people on the search committee to open themselves up to discrimination lawsuit by openly admitting that they discriminated, but the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.
Warren never listed herself as Native American until one year before she got the job at Penn. As soon as she got tenure at Harvard she ceased listing herself as Native American.

It’s significant in this way.

The progressives of the world are constantly lecturing everyone that we all need to be more inclusive, fairer, more accepting of those who are downtrodden, different, etc. Then you see to it all these rules, regulations, preferences and procedures are put into place for those you deem worthy.

Then when progressives themselves are inconvenienced by the rules, regulations, and preferences that have been put into place at your demand you want a pass from them.

Elizabeth Warren wanted such a pass. She checked the NA box when it was a convenience to her. Is she a card carrying member of any NA tribe in the US ? No. Is family lore a qualifying merit at any law school facility position in which a NA law professor is wanted ? A normal person would think the bar should be raised a bit higher, but apparently not at Harvard.

Now you want another pass yet again. When the inequity of this is pointed out you are defending it, your demean this as a minor issue that should be overlooked. Also you all belittle those who point this out to you, not overtly but it is there nonetheless.

Concerning the NA group of people I have no problem with giving some preference to them. No doubt they got a raw deal with the settlement of North America. I am all for some facility positions to be given to NA people of merit who meet the requirements. In this case that is not so. I see an inequity here, apparently progressives don’t.

Bumping this to acknowledge that my prediction appears to not have been correct, or is at least running out of time to become correct.

This is the week I would have thought Warren would be starting to publicly express the need for party unity and healing even as the race officially continues. So far she continues to explicitly and methodically not use any of her influence at least in any public way.

So apparently wrong I be.