Elizabeth Warren's role

She’s the one who claimed NA ancestry. The poster you quoted didn’t say a thing about affirmative action. Overcompensate much?

Concerning Lie-a-watha. A few points.

No doubt she used the claim of NA heritage to advance herself.
No doubt she is not on the rolls of any recognized NA tribe.
Which means that somewhere out there perhaps is a qualified NA attorney who is on the NA rolls that would like to be one the faculty at Harvard but is not.

I have my doubts that this particular hypothetical situation of unfairness is among your more significant concerns.

Indecent, egregious and bad behavior towards others should be called out on both sides of the spectrum not just one. My little contribution to that belief.

OK, now you’ve done it. I think he claiming to be NA is laugh-worthy, but there is no evidence she actually used that to advance her career. So yeah, there is doubt.

We shall never know for sure, as the wagons are circled under the right of privacy. Which by the way I respect and that is her right.

But the lack of sunshine on those records leaves unanswered questions. Therefore you can have your opinion, I can have mine.

Is proportionality an element in your contributive process?

All she ever claimed is that family lore had it that they had some Cherokee ancestry. What would be far less credible, from a white Oklahoman, is a claim they did not.

I still have never heard from anyone who has called Warren a liar just what the lie was. Even Scott Brown couldn’t say more than “Clearly she’s not”.

Oh please, lets be honest here. Can we?

Lets say the roles reversed and we were talking about a conservative, in lieu of a progressive, in the same circumstance. There would be no end of complaints from the progressive side, and in the media, of this person taking advantage of the circumstances, blah, blah, blah.

We all know its true and anyone saying otherwise is disingenuous.

If the situation was reversed, wouldn’t you agree it’s making a mountain out of a mole hill? I mean seriously, she was a well respected academic and prominate legal scholar.It’s rather hard to believe she got any real advantage out of saying she was 1/26th Natve American nor is their reason to assume she was lying rather believed the family legend. It smacks of desperately reaching for something to discredit her.

Warren graduated from the 82nd ranked law school in America. Every other member of the Harvard Law Faculty, more than 100 people, graduated from a top ten ranked law school. Only one professor in the entire Ivy league law schools has a degree from a lower ranked law school. She definitely received a benefit and knew that if she checked the box she would receive the benefit.

My family has a similar legend. However, it’s unverifiable so far as I’ve been able to find. The difference is that because I have no verifiable evidence, I don’t believe the legend.

One in four Sanders supporters claim they will not vote for Hillary. Warren raised 11.5 million in out of state money last election. Among progressives elites there was a call to “punish” Hillary. Warren has alot to lose and very little to gain from endorsing Hillary until right before the convention.

Meh. Explain to me why this one diversity hire came from a non top ten then. They were apparently able to find “people of colour” before Mrs 82nd ranked school graduate came along. Harvard was just desperately waiting for an Indian to apply for the job? Obviously if Harvard was just ticking a diversity box they could still have chosen people from much higher ranked schools. But they didn’t.

It depends on what you think she most wants to gain.

Personally I do not see most interested in gaining more funds (or has any fear of losing it). I see the gains she cares about as actually making progress on the agenda that matters to her.

MfM shared this in another thread.

I think she’s tried to strike a balance between the two worlds and is more in the Clinton pragmatist/insider camp than the quixotic/idealist/outsider one.

She knows what she wants to see: the “right” people in the “right” positions - and she is smart enough to know that those right positions that matter are not necessarily the showy ones but the ones that often get little attention but have huge impact on how policies actually get implemented. She is extremely aware that often the wrong people have been in those positions, people in and out of the Wall Street revolving door.

Mind you I don’t think it will be a hard sell to Clinton, but she will maximize the power of her ask as best she can by timing it as best she can, such that she remains perceived as an honest broker by all sides. IMHO.

IMO that’d certainly be the optimal play for her. I’d hope she does it that way. I make no prediction on what she will do but that’s due to my own ignorance of the details.

Exsmples should be easy to find, then.

But if you are indeed calling for directness and honesty, I’m honestly unclear how Warren’s ancestry and her claims thereabout are significant. Does she have any actual shortcomings you like to bring to our attention?

Well, Warren might also be one of the few graduates of an 82nd ranked law school to do as well as she has. This is from the Wikipedia article on her:

And, it wasn’t like she was just hired by Harvard out of law school. She had first earlier become a full professor and obtained in endowed chair at U. Penn…and her appointment at UPenn happened after she had already worked at U Michigan and U Texas, where her work “established her as a rising star in the field of bankruptcy law.”

If you have evidence that she has not been as successful as her fellow professors with a better pedigree, then by all means, share it.

They were not going to hire any random person, they were going to keep going down the qualified list until they found one who checked the right box. In her case she checked two boxes, the woman box and the minority box. She jumped over the more qualified people in front of her by checking that box.

She was well cited because she had a historyof using academic fraud to come to the politically correct conclusions in her research. Someone without the requisite boxes checked would have probably been more thoroughly vetted and not hired.