Elopement Stats For Drug Rehab Facilities

My Google Fu is failing me. I’m looking for a percentage of how many people leave x-day drug rehab treatment before completing. Like, if Sunny Acres averages about 30 new patients per month, how many of those will leave (based on a nationwide average) vs. how many will complete treatment?

Anyone know where these stats can be found?

“Elopement”?

Stranger

I tried that, no luck.

HeyHomie

Programme factors that influence completion of residential treatment

Completion rates varied widely, from 3% to 92%, with an average of 48%. Higher completion rates were associated with lower counsellor caseloads, fewer beds, single rooms, shorter scheduled treatment durations, higher fees per client and provision of what could be termed a balanced treatment programme containing adequate amounts of individual counselling and programme-free time, and with only moderate demands for domestic duties.

I’ve heard elopement used for people who leave health facilities, particularly mental health ones, unexpectedly.

From @don_t_ask’s stat it’s clear that the “average” is meaningless because facility quality and therefor completion rate varies from excellent to abysmal.

You might reasonably ask Sunny Acres what their completion rate is, but that will tell you substantially nothing about New Beginnings in the next town over. Or maybe the next block over.

I suspect a further confounder is how selective a facility is on accepting only patients who have the indicia of success, or anyone the county will pay them $50 / day to take in.

So not only do comparisons between facilities matter, you need to compare the patient you intend to enroll with the patient population of the facility you intend to enroll them in.

Tall order statistically speaking.

And even taller when patient confidentiality is followed. You might get aggregate statistics, but rehabs will not release any data that could identify an individual.

I have to ask the OP, why do you want this data?

I work in a drug rehab facility and our management is up in arms about our elopement rate. I have no iron in this fire, being a low-level grunt, but I’m curious about how our rate compares to the national average.

Do facilities advertise their “graduation rates” like universities as an indicator of how successful they are at rehabilitating their clients?