Emachine makes one shitty computer

it is possible to keep a sub par machine running far beyond its limited lifespan. i had a packard bell plt 1 running until some klutz knocked it off the desk about six months ago. (i have some dos applications that just love windows 95/windows 98 and will not run properly on anything newer.)

lh

Possible, but not really practical or recommended.

Im with you, damn I was thinking, ok thats odd someone who likes making cats sick ahh well your choice… :smack:

The real reason makes somewhat more sense though (although if it had been CatFive I’d have gotten it in a second I swear)

I have an Emachine purchased from best buy about 14 months ago for $500.00. It has a Pentium IV running at 2.6GHz, 1024Megabytes of RAM (which I upgraded at the time of purchase for about $120.00) and an Intel Extreme Ghaphics 3D card (which I think is onboard, but am not certain). I use it for word processing, and games and have yet to encounter a problem. In fact I play the latest Halflife online with my friends and they are always complaining about their systems “going in slow motion” while mine zooms along just fine. Can someone explain why my “cheap machine” seems to do just fine?