17 - Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
16 - Broken Trail
10 - The Starter Wife
9 - 79th Annual Academy Awards; Jane Eyre
8 - Tony Bennett: An American Classic
7 - The Path to 9/11; Planet Earth
6 - When the Levees Broke

Drama Series: Boston Legal, Grey’s Anatomy, Heroes, House, The Sopranos
Actor: James Spader, Hugh Laurie, Denis Leary, James Gandolfini, Kiefer Sutherland
Actress: Sally Field, Kyra Sedgwick, Mariska Hargitay, Patricia Arquette, Minnie Driver, Edie Falco
Supporting Actor: William Shatner, T.R. Knight, Masi Oka, Michael Emerson, Terry O’Quinn, Michael Imperioli
Supporting Actress: Rachel Griffiths, Katherine Heigl, Chandra Wilson, Sandra Oh, Aida Turturro, Lorrain Bracco
Guest Actor: Christian Clemenson (Boston Legal), Forest Whitaker (ER), David Morse (House), Tim Daly (The Sopranos), John Goodman & Eli Wallach (Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip)
Guest Actress: Kate Burton & Elizabeth Reaser (Grey’s Anatomy), Marcia Gay Harden & Leslie Caron (Law & Order: SVU), Jean Smart (24)
Direction: Entourage, Extras, The Office, Scrubs, 30 Rock, Ugly Betty
Writing: Battlestar Galactica, Lost, The Sopranos (3 nods)

Comedy Series: Entourage, The Office, 30 Rock, Two and a Half Men, Ugly Betty
Actor: Ricky Gervais, Tony Shalhoub, Steve Carell, Alec Baldwin, Charlie Sheen
Actress: Felicity Huffman, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Tina Fey, America Ferrera, Mary-Louise Parker
Supporting Actor: Kevin Dillon, Jeremy Piven, Neil Patrick Harris, Rainn Wilson, Jon Cryer
Supporting Actress: Jaime Pressly, Jenna Fischer, Holland Taylor, Conchata Ferrell, Vanessa Williams, Elizabeth Perkins
Guest Actor: Martin Landau (Entourage), Ian McKellen (Extras), Stanley Tucci (Monk), Giovanni Ribisi & Beau Bridges (My Name is Earl)
Guest Actress: Dixie Carter & Laurie Metcalf (Desperate Housewives), Elaine Stritch (30 Rock), Judith Light & Salma Hayek (Ugly Betty)
Direction: Battlestar Galactica, Boston Legal, Friday Night Lights, Heroes, Lost, The Sopranos, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Writing: Extras, The Office (2 nods), 30 Rock (2 nods)

Why does this make me laugh?

Well, to be fair, it’s not like The Daily Show had much of a shot in the Choreography, Make Up, and Costume categories!

Nonfiction Series: American Masters, Biography, Deadliest Catch, Inside the Actor’s Studio, Planet Earth
Reality Show: Antiques Roadshow, Dog Whisperer, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List, Penn & Teller’s Bullshit!
Reality Competition Show: The Amazing Race, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway, Top Chef

Mini-Series/TV Movie
Actor: Robert Duvall, Tom Selleck, Jim Broadbent, William H. Macy, Matthew Perry
Actress: Queen Latifah, Helen Mirren, Mary-Louise Parker, Debra Messing, Gena Rowlands
Supporting Actor: Thomas Haden Church, August Schellenberg, Aidan Quinn, Edward Asner, Joe Mantegna
Supporting Actress: Greta Scacchi, Anna Paquin, Samantha Morton, Judy Davis, Toni Collette
TV Movie: Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, Inside the Twin Towers, Longford, The Ron Clark Story, Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy
Miniseries: Broken Trail, Prime Suspect: The Final Act, The Starter Wife
Other odds & ends

• Battlestar Galactica: In addition to the impressive Writing & Directing nods, it scored 2 other nominations
  • The Simpsons: Animated Series (its competition includes South Park, Robot Chicken & SpongeBob)
  • SNL: 3 nods, including Best Song for “Dick in a Box”
  • CSI: Combined, the 3 series took 8 nods.
  • The Daily Show & The Colbert Report are head-to-head in 4 categories, including Best Variety Show, Best Individual Performance, and Best Writing (Letterman’s also in those 3, and Conan & Bill Maher are in 2 of those categories as well)

Here’s the link to download the full slate of nominees.

That’s got to make Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey a little a little steamed. Pretty much every major actor got nominations except them.

The Wire got 0 nods, plus no nomination for Eddie Izzard, Lauren Graham, Jason Lee, or any of the Deadwood cast. :frowning:

I would ordinarily say The Sopranos had Best Drama in the bag, but with the controversial ending, who knows? I think the 2 medical shows have the only shot at beating it. Can The Office repeat, or will one of the 2 Thursday night upstarts displace it?

This is probably Hugh Laurie’s year. Ditto Kyra Sedgwick, Alec Baldwin, and America Ferrera.

The supporting races are tough. Locke vs. Ben vs. Hiro. Grey’s ladies vs. Soprano molls. Really glad to see Earl’s Joy & Johnny Drama in the running, but I wouldn’t be surprised if The Office took both of those races, too.

Sorry to see no nods for Dexter. I think it’s one of the best series on television, and Michael C. Hall should really be in that Best Actor category.

Really happy to see noms for Rainn Wilson, Michael Emerson, Jenna Fischer, Mary Louise Parker, and Minnie Driver.

And Ian McKellan HAS to win for his guest shot on Extras. He was brilliant.

I’m glad to see 30 Rock got so many nominations. Hopefully, that will give it the exposure it deserves for next season.

I’m sad that Deadwood got snubbed. It was the best show on TV last year.

Amen. Dexter is one of the best series I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait for the new season, any idea when that will be? I’m new to Showtime.
/hijack

Edit, I see that the new season starts Sept. 30.

I’m also sorry to see that Dexter and Deadwood aren’t represented. Big Love didn’t get any love, either. I’m thrilled to see so many Sopranos folks on the list, as well as Rainn Wilson, Mary-Louise Parker (I wish Weeds had gotten more nods), and Kevin Dillon.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fucking ridiculous.

Kevin Dillon? Awesome. :slight_smile:

But having zero representation of The Wire & Dexter is unforgivable. Looks like The Sopranos sucked up the cable oxygen this year in the writing category where The Wire usually gets a nod.

Actually, The Wire has only received one writing nod in its entire run, and no other in any other category.
Here are the nominees for Best Commercial:

Animals (AmEx)
Battle (Cingular)
Happiness Factory (Coke)
Jar (GE)
Pinball (Pepsi)
Singing Cowboy (Truth.com)
Snowball (Travellers)

Sure, but to be fair, Pompeo is pretty much a blank slate wandering from scene to scene.

IMO, of course.

Dempsey just annoys me because he looks like Sean Penn. I’m not sure why that annoys me, but it does.

The snubs couldn’t have happened to two more deserving people.

-IMJoe

Pssst. Isaiah Washington

Oh, I’m aware. Doesn’t make it any more defensible.

…well…he got snubbed too. But I was referring more to their actual acting (Pompeo’s nothingness, Dempsey’s Penn-ness) rather than something like Washington’s insane flameout.

But he’s getting another job already, so apparently he’s not getting snubbed.

-Joe

Believe me, I’m not complaining. Just wish James Pickins, Jr (Dr Webber) had picked up a nomination too.

Damn shame about Lauren Graham not getting anything. That show (Gilmore Girls) was ignored for it’s whole run.