Emoji title test ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‚ โ˜บ๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜‡

They are showing up for me, in color, except that the third from the right is tinyโ€”is it supposed to be? This is on my home computer, with Chrome on Windows 10. But at work, they show up in black-and-white (or some shade of gray or blue), and donโ€™t show up at all in the title in the browser tabโ€”also Chrome, Windows 7.

@**BigT **just above:

Whatโ€™s interesting about your point is that when I display this page my Sunny post above shows the emoji properly. Your quote of my post shows them as the invalid character s.

But when I quote my Sunny post and preview the results, the emoji in the quote box comes out fine.

Something about round tripping them between my machine, the SDMB, your machine, the SDMB and back to me results in a glitch. Itโ€™s a shame the quote function wonโ€™t auto-nest. I canโ€™t see how me quoting you quoting me would look.
I just found another nasty anomaly.

Way upthread we talked about how our various browsers showed the OPโ€™s 9 title emoji. I typically Dope in a window thatโ€™s full height, but about 1/2 the screen width. I had the forum table of contents page up and was resizing the window horizontally. In addition to all the titles dynamically word-wrapping as expected, the emoji changed size and two of them changed between s and actual characters depending on the amount of word-wrapping. And the one Iโ€™d previously reported as rendering as โ€œ17.โ€ changed into a face at some wraps / sizes, but was about half the size of the others when it did so. As I resize the window back and forth the emoji keep morphing.

Thereโ€™s no difference in this behavior between the two page themes.

Bottom line: emoji are flaky from end to end. At least on Win8 and IE11.

UNICODE poops on new emoji idea.

I โ˜ Unicode!

Like I said, they do take it seriously. Apparently adding another poo emoji was too much, and the conversion of pile of poo emoji to smiling poo emoji has some people rather upset. People who vote โ€œyesโ€ should be ashamed of themselves.

Itโ€™s not an afterthought. Like anything that doesnโ€™t really matter all that much, itโ€™s really important.

What distinguishes the emotions represented by the various smileys in the title? Or does it all just mean โ€œhappyโ€?

And why do we need so many pictures to express happiness, when we still lack one to represent the feeling of scowling with disapproval, while simultaneously feeling a hint of fear mixed with sadness at the dawning realization that this modern world has passed me by.

Er, by โ€œmeโ€ I mean โ€œsomeoneโ€, of course. Iโ€™m totally hip to all your newfangled emotion pictures, of course! :+1:

Somehow Iโ€™m reminded of Iron Eyes Cody. And yes, I know.

Theyโ€™re just the first few emoji, excluding some that didnโ€™t display on my computer.