Energy drinks - How much is bad?

Ok, so I have just downed 2 sobe adrenaline rushes in a row. And I’m thinking of having a third, and I don’t know why O.o

But I’m wondering…how bad is that for my health? I’ve heard bad things about energy drinks…

As long as you don’t overdo it, or have a chronic nervous or heart condition, the worst that will happen is you will pee green.

I weigh 220 lbs, and one time I drank 7 Red Bulls over a 4 hour span to stay awake while driving. Made my heart feel like it was about to beat out of my chest.

What I did, don’t do that.

According to the Sobe website, each can contains 79mg of caffeine, about the same as a modest cup of coffee. I don’t think there’s much else to it.

I often drink a Red Bull before riding my mountain bike. I also use a heart rate monitor. So this one time I drank a RB at about 10AM, but didn’t leave for the ride until noon. So I drank a 2nd one. When I started to ride, my heart rate hit 190 almost as soon as I started, and stayed there as long as I rode. :eek: This is a good 30BPM over what my heart rate usually is when I ride.
YMMV, of course.

Sobe adrenaline is WEAK SAUCE.
You’ll be fine.

It’s got a moderate amount of caffeine - less than a cup of coffee - and loads of sugar. It will have the same effects as any source of caffeine and sugar. These things aren’t matters of magic. “Energy drinks” are no different from any other soft drink, except they tend to be a tad more concentrated in caffeine and sugar.