Enforcing the Terms of a Lost Instrument--Florida

I was just browsing and came across this in the FL Code:

(bolding mine)
How would someone possibly prove the terms of an instrument that he is not in possession of?

I’m sure some of the legal types can come up with general principles, but one way to prove many things in legal situations is past compliance.

For example, let’s say you are partners with someone in a business, and you lose the operating agreement in a hurricane that destroys the office. If you’ve been splitting profits 50/50 from the beginning of the partnership, that’s evidence that a contractual agreement existed to split profits. If the contract had specified something other than 50/50, one of you would surely have complained at the very beginning.

He may be in possession of a copy of the instrument, or he may be able to locate the final draft, or whoever drafted the instrument at the time may be able to give evidence as to what it said.

Short version: F.S. 673.3091 refers to lost negotiable instruments, as opposed to other document types, which may be governed by F.S. 90.953 or F.S. 71.011.

Under the latter two (specifically, 90.953, which is a part the rules of evidence for home mortgage default proceedings, etc.), a copy of the original is not admissible. Under 673.3091, a copy can be produced if the original cannot be produced.