Epilogues you'd like to see...

Didn’t they make a children’s book that was a sequel to E.T.? I’m pretty sure I’ve read that book.

I put number-six arm on and answer phone, a voice says
“hello, friend Mannie.”
…“Hello, Mike.”

No no. Pippin has to run in and read that from a piece of paper to the rest of the cast. For some reason, they’re all in an operating room, but I can’t figure out why.

I’d love to see a Hunger Games prologue -

How did we end up with the thirteen districts, what was the build-up to the original conflict…

Good one.

In that vein, I think Rendezvous with Rama provided its own epilogue in the style we’re mooting here.

[spoiler]Last line, after “Rama” has sailed away into the great dark: “The Ramans did everything in threes.”

Let’s just ignore the sequels this tag led to…[/spoiler]

Not my original idea, but this would have been a cool ‘Hogans Heroes’ epilogue.

I could live with that.

Truman reaching the real world and trying realizing he has no idea what to do. Kind of like the ending to The Graduate.

Wow, I don’t think even I could have found that post.

Not a show, but that dumb Visa commercial a few years ago where they were spinning lack of security as a convenience by playing “Powerhouse” as a long line of people rushed through the shop like clockwork. I wanted to end with a shot of the seemingly endless line of people tossing high-end merchandise into the back of a truck and tossing their stolen cards into a shredder.

Or handing them to Shredder, from TMNT. :smiley:

For many years I hoped that William Goldman would write a long, satisfying follow-up to The Princess Bride. I stopped hoping a while back, but I still crave more true love and high adventure.

That would be a parody of Clive Cussler’s hero Dirk Pitt . Cussler wrote a book called * Raise the Titanic *.

Nice one. For the three of us who got it. :smiley:

One possible problem with that:

Most of the Nazi characters on the show were played by Jewish actors who had fled Europe during the Holocaust, and they were adamant that the show would always depict all Nazis as buffoons.

At the end of Smokey and the Bandit, after they double or nothing with Big and Lil Enos to get the clam chowder from Boston and back in 18hrs…cut to 3hrs later…Bandit being extracted from his twisted and smouldering Trans Am with the jaws of life.

Ah, except he left the Trans Am, the rig, and the beer with Big Enos and made his escape in Enos’s Cadillac convertible.

And that bet would have been an easy win. They only needed two cups of chowder; fly to Boston, get some clam chowder and put it in a Thermos, fly home. 18 hours ought to be plenty.

Ah yes, the caddy. It’s been a few years since I’ve seen it. Still though, twisted and smouldering wreckage, extracted by jaws of life. Put on a gurney and into an ambulance driven by Dom DeLuise.

Dom DeLuise or…Him! (dun dun dunnnnnnnn!)

Just as he’s about to pull away in the ambulance, he turns to the camera as Him and freeze frame on his cat eyes, Thriller style. Complete with Vincent Price laughing as it fades into the credits.