Agreeing with asterion. It’s flammable, volatile, and can form peroxides (which can be explosive). The most common form, and what most people mean when they say “ether” is diethyl ether (CH3CH2-O-CH2Ch3).
Its vapour pressure is so low, you don’t want to leave it in an open container with a large neck (a conical would be ok etc) for any great length of time with no ventilation. It boils at comparatively low temperatures too about 35C (100F) and has a low autoignition temperature (it burst into flame without a spark at 170ºC)
It’s a recipe for disaster - extremely flammable, very volatile, colourless as a liquid and a gas and not particularly pungent (it smells quite sweet actually). It’s no surprise that most meth labs are discovered because they explode.
You can buy it in bulk from any chemical supplier, but unless you’re a legit business (university, chemical company, factory, pharma company etc) you’ll be raising eyebrows if you buy in vast quantities.
Essentially, treat it like gasoline on steroids. Very handy solvent though!