Probably best known for North by North West opposite Cary Grant or On the Waterfront opposite Brando.
She worked into her 90s. One of the last of old Hollywood, or maybe the last star.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001693/
She was married for 55 years. She did at home of natural causes.
Condolences to all who loved her.
As to being the last of Hollywood’s Golden Age, what is generally considered the end of that era? The end of the Hays Code in 1968? If so, there are still a good number of Golden Age veterans still around. Would Shirley MacLaine of The Apartment count?
I don’t know. Maybe this could be a thread hijack? I don’t mean to take anything away from Eva.
I was thinking the Golden Age ended by 1959. Give or take up to 3 years.
Using that though, I overlooked Kim Novak who starred in Vertigo at age 21.
Shirley MacLaine counts, she had The Trouble with Harry, & Around the World in 80 Days at very least.
Sophia Loren just barely qualifies I think. She started doing Hollywood Films in 1958.
Rita Moreno was around since 1950, but not a Hollywood Star until 1961 with West Side Story.
Does Joanne Woodward count? I’m thinking yes.
I forgot Margaret O’Brien, though her starring days I think were as a child actress.
I remember Eva best from 36 Hours, opposite James Garner and Rod Taylor.
For years, I thought it was Arthur Hill who played the English-speaking Nazi, and not Rod, John Banner (“Sgt Schultz”) and Celia Lovsky (“T-Pau”) are in the movie too.