Eve - fashion question, please!

Eve:

1. Thank you! I’ll try a search for the fabric; the pictures should be easy to find.

2. Agree (not that you asked)

3. Agree (not that you asked)

And Agree on the odd-numbered strands of pearls (I know…I know - you didn’t ask!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks so much for your help!

VCNJ~

The center view of this Vogue pattern, V9668, is a good base for that dress. Do a few simple modifications and it’s almost an exact copy – slightly increase dimensions of bodice top, add shoulder ties and diagonally draped panel on skirt. If you have more than novice sewing skills (or a seamstress) it should be a piece of cake. The pattern is discontinued, but available on the linked site.

Yeah, but the porcelain gets damn heavy…

Peri:

Thank you so much!
VCNJ~

Sorry, just got back from my many social rounds.

The “never wear diamonds in the country or before 6:00” rule actually has a reason: in the pre-electric days, diamonds looked their best by candlelight.

Of course colored gemstones are fine: what you’re thinking is, “never mix colored gemstones.” Wearing emeralds with, say, rubies or sapphires. Not that you would ever commit such an atrocity!

I’m confused. How strict are these rules? Can rubies, spinels, and garnets be worn together? Or do you have to stick to one type of stone? Is it acceptable to wear different colored varieties of the same stone (white diamonds with blue diamonds for example)?

Why candlelight? Does sunlight have some effect on diamonds I’m unfamiliar with? I know that alexandrite changes color dramatically in response to ultraviolet light.

Hey, I’m wearing red espadrilles!

It’s my hometown’s fiestas, red espadrilles are an absolute must even while at work, as is the red bandanna which should be worn around the neck but which I use as a bracelet (can’t stand things on my neck).

Khaki is the new orange. Just sayin’.

Youn heard it here first.

In young women, more than three strands is seen as “showing off the male fashion accesory’s money”.

In dowagers, it’s “showing off the good cervicals”. You’re twenty zillion years old and your neck can put up with 7 strands of pearls, by Jove bring 'em on!