Ever been distracted by what's on a t-shirt?

It may be a coincidence, but that’s also the title of the best-known single by the post-punk band The Pop Group.

And, for the ladies, there’s “I TAUGHT YOUR BOYFRIEND THAT THING YOU LIKE.” I really want that one. :slight_smile:

TygerD

Actually, that was pretty trendy in the U.S. in the mid- to late-1980s.

My brother had one that each of us wore to various work-related (but not work sponsored) events when we were both working for a company briefly owned by Exxon:

We don’t care.
We don’t have to care.
We’re EXXON.
At Exxon We’re part of the problem.

(Of course, I have no idea how many of you youngsters remember the ad from which that derived.)

A guy I knew in high school had this one.

What made it funny is that he is, in fact, a parapalegic. It definitely got a few solid laughs the first time he wore it.

When I was first in Japan, in the early 80’s, there was a popular shirt that had “New York Chastity Club” in huge lettering. Tame, sure, but struck me as funny.

I saw one last spring that looked like it said “TOP STARIN” and it took me a couple seconds to realize what it said… and no, I didn’t stop staring… :slight_smile:

I love this one.

I had (still have but don’t use it anymore) a t-shirt that said Fuck me and Marry me young. It certainly got a lot of attention when I wore it when iw as out partying.

It’s a Sisters of Mercy t-shirt and the line is from the song Driven Like the Snow.

Or this reversal: “Look at my chest when I’m talking to you!”

-Tcat

I’m sure it was, as it was surrounded by complete gibberish and cutesy patterns…

But it was weird enough to make you stop and wonder, Is there a message in there, or is it just absolute random gabblings?

In college, I had a shirt that said “Beer drinkers get more head” It was pretty popular there, but it mysteriously vanished the first time I took it home and mom got it in the laundry.

Couple weeks ago at a ballgame, I saw:

I may have Alzheimer’s

But at least I don’t have Alzheimer’s

Seen in Vancouver a few years ago:

20something male, teensy glasses, long ratty hair, ditto beard, Birkenstocks, red T shirt with large black letters reading: KILL ALL HIPPIES

Reminds me of one I saw that said, “I have an enormous Johnson”, with a picture of a motorboat.

I’ve been on the lookout for this one forever… can’t seem to find it.

I actually had that, bought it right after the Valdez at the Clearwater Revival.
(I thought it was based on the old Lily Tomlin, Ma Bell Parady of the AT&T commercial)

I often wondered about Girls/Women who wear text across their Chest and then act offended if you stare. I mean Men are too likely to stare without and excuse, once you advertise, forget about it. :wink:

The nice thing about it is that it’s so small that you could wear it out in public without too many people being offended. Especially if you live in a retirement area, like I do.

One I saw while walking past someone on a New York sidewalk:

FUCK YOU!

As I walk past him, I turned around naturally just to see if something was on the back of the shirt:

YEAH YOU!

And just the other day (in small writing):

“As you squint to read this, I briefly control your mind.”

Mine says “How many tomatos died for your salad?”

However the one that made the day for a lady at Bath & Body works yesterday was my shirt with 70’s like shooting star artwork that said:

With a shirt like this, who needs pants?

Twenty years ago I was working in a gas station and a girl walked in with a t-shirt that said “I blow bubbles”. A little suggestive, but too cute for my liking. Then a guy walked in with a t-shirt saying (ya I know you guessed it) “bubbles.”

My favorite that suprised me a couple years ago. A girl walking towards me has a shirt that says in big letters:

WWJD

and my first reaction was “oh, another bible thumper”
but when I got closer I could read in smaller print under the big letters:

“for a Klondike Bar”