Ever perform CPR?

Why should I? I’m not an accountant.

You hold the muzzle closed with your hand around it to seal the lips and use the nose.

This was actually taught (well told to us) as part of our training when i first took CPR, oh about 28 years ago.

I initiated CPR on my Father after a massive coronary in McCarran airport, Las Vegas a year ago this month. He had just taken his shoes off in preparation for passing through the X-ray and metal detectors while I removed my belt when he grabbed his chest and fell over. I immediately fell down before him and checked his carotid pulse. I yelled frantically that he had no pulse. I looked into his eyes in his last moments of life while checking his pulse and told him, “I love you, Dad.” I cradled his neck and prepared for mouth to mouth when airport security and a person from the crowd pushed me away and began mouth to mouth and compression. Within 7 minutes Airport EMS arrived and began defribilation and CPR. They worked on him nearly 45 minutes. They stopped. I yelled, “He can’t breathe, he needs to breathe!” They continued CPR and took him to the ambulance. He was declared dead on arrival.

I am sorry for the brevity and matter of factness but I am crying. This is all I can really say.

{{{{devilsknew}}}}

davmilasav, what Pixisis said. I was taught this when I worked for a while at the SPCA. Understandably, getting an airtight seal is more difficult on dogs than humans, but with two hands it is possible.

I am so sorry to hear your news. I am searching hard for words. You did so well, I wish it had been enough! Sending supporting thoughts your way.

Most, if not all of them talk. We can actually make our Lifepack12 monitor-defibrillators talk if we want.

Also, properly done CPR almost always will break ribs.