Ever Posted Something You Thought Was Clever Or Cute......

I crack my shit up all the time. I’m assuming anybody with taste is equally amused by my wit and intelligence.

:wink:

:smiley:

A sig-line if I have ever read one, or a title to an extreme country song! May I? :wink:

Q

I once posted a dead hedgehog to a friend of mine.

I don’t think that’s what you meant though.

:smiley:

A sig-line if I have ever read one, or a title to an extreme country song! May I? ;

Q

Thank you, Darkhold. I will, however, refrain from quoting you.

Cite!!

Well, you never know. Sometimes, I throw off an effortless little quip, and three people demand new keyboards. Sometimes, I post something I think is the smartest thing I’ve said in a year, and the thread dies right there. Once, I posted a sarcastic answer to a question that had no answer at the time. It touched a nerve on a hard core maven of that field, who singed my eyebrows off. You can’t predict the way others percieve what you write.

Quasimodem, John Carter of Mars, Elaella, roadkiller, Darkhold, Loneraven, Tusculan, fessie, Lynne_kilii, Eats_Crayons, EddyTeddyFreddy, Blonde, SanguineSpider, pepperlandgirl, spogga, don’t ask, AskNott: your wit and erudition are noted (also thread-killing and member-banning abilities, in some cases). If anybody posted in the bloody hours it took me to compose and preview this post, you too. If I missed anybody out, then I’m sorry, but you are invisible.

We do our best. :cool:

Feel free :slight_smile:

Hey, I remember that thread! I singled you out too for that comment. Sometimes what you say is more important than how you say it!

I won’t get banned, I’m way too wimpy to say anything controversial.

Have I shocked gasp ever killed a… thread? Maybe not killed but slowed one or two down a bit (“death” thread). I’m sorry sniffle

I’ve not be banned yet (still kickin’ all my legs!). If I get banned, the world will end. What can I do? I’ll try not to get banned, ok?

I’ve been quoted but that’s usually where I end up defending myself or having a pity party.

I still love you all…

I’ve had a few clunker threads. One time I thought it would be cool if we could all pretend it was 50 years later and write our posts or thread titles as we are living in those futuristic times. For example, someone might reminisce about computers “back when hard drives and processor speeds were only measured in gigabytes and gigahertz”, or which young celebrities today will be likely contenders for Celebrity Death Pool 2053. That thread bombed like the release of Battlefield Earth.

My other memorable flop of a thread was when I wanted to find out if anyone had any interesting or memorable memories from riding on the school bus. There were always the goofy, obnoxious kids who made the ride to school and back home more interesting, not necessarily pleasant, but interesting. Not a soul posted to that one, either. It didn’t even have much of a view count before it quickly descended off the first page and into oblivion.

And I’ve killed many a thread, too many to recall. Perhaps this one will be my latest.

Heck, I do it all the time. Sometimes people pick up on it, sometimes not:
Dune: The Musical!:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=167075&highlight=Dune+Musical

Daffy Darko:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=117411&highlight=Daffy+AND+Darko