Examples of your weirdness. Now or when you were a kid.

From about sixth grade on I refused to walk on the sidewalk. I felt that would be allowing some total stranger to tell me what to do.

I was a “Wadda 'ya got?” kind of rebel, I guess. . .

I love the sound of running water. When I was a child, I would curl up in my closet and listen to the shower run (the pipes for the shower were in the wall my closet shared with the bathroom.)

Even to this day, I still will curl up in the bathroom and listen to water run when I’m totally stressed out and just need to calm down.

I used to make long lists of people’s names. Not surnames; just lists of first names. I guess it was sort of like what you would find in those “Name your baby!” books, except I wasn’t doing it for any real reason. I just liked collecting names. I’d go through my parents’ old yearbooks and write down all of the first names that appeared.

I hadn’t thought about this for years, before making this post, but now I’m kind of having an urge to go make a list of names again. D’oh.

Yup. Funny how that works. :smiley:

I collect armpit hairs from female mimes and store them in my bunghole to provoke convulsions.

You should buy one of those CD’s with womb sounds (including blood rushing and heart beating) they sell to soothe babies.
Me, I like the sound of rain, and I bought a CD with rain and thunder sounds on it. It has music on it, too, but I prefer just listening to the rain. I liked the long seconds of applause on Classical Radio, too, for the same reason. A soothing, rushing sound.

I ate crisco. Out of the can.

Yours is more interesting than mine: I used to fill sheets of paper with words beginning with a particular letter.

As a child, I ate deodorant. I also chewed the legs off of my cousin’s action figures. I still love to chew rubber, but I don’t think that is all that weird.

WTF?!!!

Oh, wait. Crisco, not Drano.
:: sigh of relief ::

I went through a phase where I said, “Est-ce question ce?” whenever I had a question.

I spent untold hours drawing machines with conveyor belts.

Mom?

I decided not to cooperate with the standard grade school screening for hearing problems and raised my hand (meaning I heard the sound) at the wrong time.

I don’t know why I did this.

I caused my parents a lot of worry and a couple of days off from work since they had to take me to the ENT hospital for additional testing. I decided to respond properly this time and never admitted my wrong.

I had a notebook that I used to keep track of the weird shapes I saw in the clouds. That one looks like Micky Mouse, and that one there looks just like California! Pages and pages of that stuff. (Age 8)

I read through the entire Encyclopedia Brittanica and Worldbook Encyclopedia, at least twice. (Ages 7-14)

Got my ham radio license (Novice class) at age 11, and my General Class license at age 14.

Yeah, I got my butt kicked at school all the time.

I have a thing for bathrooms.

People have mentioned sounds they like. I like the sound of sweeping, and also the sound of someone raking leaves.

Weird things eaten as a kid. I’m old. There used to be a powdered coffee creamer called “Pream”. I would eat that out of the jar. I never could eat more than a spoonful, but that spoonful really tasted good.

And people have mentioned being scared of places for no good reason. Whenever I get bad vibes like that I figure it’s for a good reason, even if I don’t understand, and I do my best to act accordingly.

I guess in general, I believe that there’s more to life than we humans take in with our 5 senses.

I dress in Amish attire (including hat) and ride my Harley through downtown Pittsburgh. And that was yesterday. When I was a kid I was really strange.

Ever since I was old enough to think, I have lived by the phrase “it sounded like a good idea at the time”. Which is, I guess, the slightly more intellectual form of “Hey Bubba - watch this”. As a kid it was more short-term one time shot things. Now its more easily repeated things.

{Bolding mine} And thus a promising natural talent in management consulting was lost.

I’m pretty sure I had a mild case of OCD during middle childhood to my early teens. Whenever I was riding in a car and saw a view I thought was pretty, I would wave my hand across my field of vision as if to…I don’t know. Frame it? Try to somehow take it all in? And I often did the same thing while standing in the dining room facing in a certain direction. The reason why was unknown to me even then. It was just something I had to do. My mom noticed once but didn’t make a big deal out of it. I outgrew the compulsions by age 15.

And in sixth grade a classmate informed me that I weirded other people out because I laughed out loud for no reason. I had no idea that I was doing it. I started to improve my self-monitoring skills a LOT more after that.