Experience with WEN by Chaz Dean cleansing conditioner?

Well, I actually used a tiny bit of shampoo on my hair this morning. Here’s why: I was really due to wash my hair last Sunday. I didn’t get around to it. We all know how that goes. I woke up Monday morning sick as a dog and ended up spending most of Monday in the ER with kidney stones and an infection. Tuesday morning, my water heater blew up. I didn’t get a new water heater put in until last night, didn’t have adequate hot water until this morning. So I was almost a week overdue to wash my hair, and it was filthy. (Although to be honest, I don’t think it was any dirtier than it would have been if I’d been using shampoo in the meantime). So, I got in the shower (AHHHHHHH!) and put a tiny bit, by which I mean a dollop smaller than a dime, of shampoo in the palm of my hand, rubbed my hands together, and applied the shampoo just to the crown of my head where oil production happens. I rinsed it immediately, and followed with what had become my ‘typical’ conditioner wash of applying a generous amount to the top and front, massaging well, applying to the rest of my hair, massaging well, clipping it up on my head while I finish showering.

I really do think my hair is getting softer with much less shampoo.

Norinew, that’s great. Although Chaz Dean would love for you to exclusively use WEN, a lot of women (and men) use WEN as a conditioner after they shampoo, or they alternate shampoo WEN on a regualr basis. It’s all about what works for you. I use shampoo about one every two weeks fo clarify my hair and scalp but use WEN mostly. My hair and scalp couldn’t be happier. I’m glad that you’re cutting down on shampoo, I think you’ll be really happier.

Well, the success I’ve had has been with conditioners already in the house! In the front bathroom (where I shower; there’s a nice soaking tub in the master bath, but no shower), it’s Suave. In the master bath, I’ve used my Aussie conditioner once for cleaning my hair, and organic tea tree oil conditioner once (note: do not clip up hair soaked in tea tree oil conditioner, then try to hold the clip momentarily between your lips while you do something else! Yuck! Numb lips!).

I may eventually get around to buying a conditioner I really love the smell of, if conditioner is all I’m going to do, but for now, during this trial period, the stuff we have hanging around is fine!

I don’t use WEN, but I’ve been using only conditioner to clean my hair for a few years now. FWIW I have fairly dry hair, but it’s really healthy. I’ve also been wanting to try out WEN, but I’m not sure if the cost would be worth it, since using store-bought conditioner works just fine.

I like Aussie conditioner, and Main and Tail. They both smell really nice. You may want to try that trick before investing in WEN to see if it works.

Yeah, that’s basically what I’m doing. Even washing my hair only 1-2 times per week, the WEN would get pricey pretty quickly. I’d have to be pretty sure that it’s worth the extra $$$ before I bought it.

I have long, thick, fine hair. And hard water. And it’s very dry here. I only wash it twice a week.

One trick I read about works pretty well: I put conditioner on my ends before I shampoo, and I only scrub around my scalp, for the rest of it I just let the suds run down. Then I rinse and use conditioner as usual.

I’ve tried just using conditioner and couldn’t deal with how my hair felt; even if it’d have adjusted after a couple of weeks, no thanks.