expiry dates on medicines

oh, right, yes, I forgot. Well, let’s see when she writes back.

For the second time, me male. Thanks. (For the second time, I am going to change my nickname…)

The endocet had expired; apparently one year is too long for Hydrocodone (ref Sunbear’s mail). I realized that after taking 5 of them and still remaining wide awake. I did the simplest thing possible (and I kick myself for not thinking of before): turned off ALL clocks in my apartment and passed the dreaded 5 minutes without knowing when it was…

Thanks Everyone for caring…

Once again, I am a man…

-Message not scanned for Typos.

Well, veera, I for one am glad everything is ok. I couldn’t tell the male/female part so I tried not to assume.
Anyhow, glad you are ok.

veera13:there are some threads in MPSIMS to explain your name

A better solution(because its permanent) :
I will try to change my username to ramesh (that sounds masculine, right?). (I am from India, thats why you feel these name are weird…)

I still havent done it yet, because I cant use veera13’s email id. (Did that make sense?)

I thought it was female because someone who wrote before me did so blame them. :slight_smile:

I’ve been off-line for a few days; sorry not to have posted sooner.

I realize this is academic now, but a few points:

The best way to find out about the expiration date of the pills you have is to call the pharmacy from which you bought them, and ask tham to look up your prescription, & check the exp. date of the lot you were given. Calling your doctor to get this information, will at best, cause your doctor to call the pharmacy & get this info for you, or more likely, have him/her request that you come in for an exam if you are still requiring the pain pill.

Out-of-date meds can just lose potency; a small number, however, degenerate into something toxic. Tetracycline, an antibiotic, is fairly well known for this.

I have to agree with several of the above posters. Emotional pain and physical pain are very different phenomena; taking a narcotic to numb oneself to a painful anniversary is NOT what the pills were intended for.

Good alternatives were listed above - I hope something worked to help you through this time.

Sue from El Paso

Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.