Paxlovid expired - still good?

I just picked up a prescription for Paxlovid, and I notice that the expiration date is 4/23. Should I assume it’s still good? Or should I assume it no longer good? I’ll take it back to the pharmacy, except that I need the medicine. Of course, if it’s no good then I don’t need it. Quandary.

Duh - I should have done this before posting. I called the pharmacy and was told the expiration date had been extended through the end of the month of October. So if a Mod is watching, you can close this thread. Thanks. xo,
C.

As a general rule medications don’t instantly go bad/become toxic at the stroke of midnight on their expiration date. Those dates are set very conservatively and there is (typically) a wiggle room of months (perhaps longer) if you store them in decent conditions.

When in doubt do what you did - call the pharmacy.

There are a very few types of meds that do deteriorate rapidly but they aren’t common. Again, consult a pharmacist.

(Not a pharmacist, just the daughter, sister-in-law, and aunt of pharmacists).

We got 2 Rx’s for it (one for each of us), mine showed expired, hers showed it was also expired though that was crossed out and another date hand written on it. Upon inquiry I found out about the date extension and the hand written was correct and also to reduce the questions about it being shown expired. IIRC it was a 6 or 8 month extension.