Explosion at Hoover Dam {July 19, 2022}

There’s been an explosion at Hoover Dam; depending on who you believe, it was either small or massive.

The fire has been put out, and there are no reports of any damage to the dam’s integrity, according to the second article.

I’m wondering if this is in anyway related to the low level of Lake Mead.

I heard it was a small explosion about the size of a big explosion,

A small explosion about the size of a big explosion that is far away?

Transformer fire:

Stranger

I’m in the UK. It’s all far away.

Video in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/kristynashville/status/1549441916000825344

Why am I not surprised the Daily Mail described it as “massive”?

Did they mention the impact it may have on U.K. house prices?

Update: it was Grimlock, but they say that he’s going to be okay.

That’s a relief. My mind kept jumping to various sorts of attacks, and I was having a hard time thinking of what else it could be.

That was my first assumption as well: Terrorism.

An explosion in a transformer at the Hoover Dam generator house could be both small on the scale of the dam and pretty darn massive on the scale of people. Everything about that facility is big.

Be kinda dumb terrorists. If you want to see the Hoover dam stop generating electricity, you just wait a couple of years.

It makes about as much sense as boring tunnels under Disneyworld to flood it.

Stranger

Definitely a small massive explosion. Really on the low end for massive explosions, just a little too large to be a regular explosion.

At least the boring tunnels underground will match the boring park aboveground.

Well, dam.

In late 2001, some friends and I took jet skis and a rented bass boat up the Colorado to the dam. There were federal agents in boats that stopped us from getting close enough to see the dam (just around the last corner, about a quarter mile from the rope buoy chain). Now what they thought a couple small boats could do to a zillion ton concrete dam, I don’t know, but they weren’t taking any chances, no siree.

Two years later we went back and went right up to the buoy. That water moves fast coming out of the generators.

*golf clap*

Stranger