F*ck Obmama and ACA

I agree, and quoted just to add that, IMO, all the ACA did (and can do) is prop up the terribly inefficient and potentially corrupt system of third-parties (insurance companies) dipping their greedy fingers into the health-care funds ultimately benefiting nobody but themselves.

Without the ACA, the current system of paying for healthcare would have lasted for another 5-10 years before it collapsed (like the housing bubble did). Of course, that would have been a major disruption to the economy, but it would have forced a complete scrapping of the dual-payer system. With the ACA, we will be saddled with this system for decades to come, with various politicians applying whatever band-aid solution is [del]most popular[/del] least objectionable to the voting public at the time. It will now take decades for the US to adopt a single-payer system.

I’ve been paying more for eggs and less for apples. F*ck Obmama.

Allowing for inflation, you should really show up with a small bag of Susan B. Anthony’s.
Or Two dollar bills.
:smiley:

Not quite.

My premiums went up significantly pre-Obama. I dropped it. Now I have insurance again.

I’m paying more and getting less. I usually write it off as being something like taxes; I’m paying to help cover those who really can’t afford anything. And besides, before the ACA I was paying a bit more each year to cover the cost of all the people hospitals treated who couldn’t pay. So in the end its really not all that different.

That’s on a good day. On a bad day I agree the ACA sucks. I was hoping for a more socialized medicine and what we got favors the insurance companies and medical care companies way too much. We also didn’t get the tort reform we were promised. We could be better off scrapping it and starting over than trying to fix a lemon.

My premiums were going up before Obamacare and they’re going up after Obamacare.

The big difference is that now my policy doesn’t magically reclassify things to eliminate coverage I used to have.

Meanwhile, my daughter, who was denied health insurance by every insurance company in the state of Missouri, now has a silver-level plan that she can actually afford.

I have a preexisting condition, so without ACA I would never have been able to leave my mediocre old job or move away to a place I could afford to buy a home.

My expenses for medical have gone up, but no matter your insurance policy, cancer is fucking expensive.

What, specifically, are you getting less of? How has the lack of tort reform affected your experience of getting health care? How does this show up in your basic experience with your doctor?

I have health insurance through my employer. We have had slight premium increases, but this year they added some new plans and deductibles went up for some plans. I switched plans and have a lower premium, but new available options have resulted in me spending more…but getting more.

lucky you???

aint that the truth but its the same for either party. Same ole same ole, the good ole boys network

Ya need MORE people on the plan to make it cheaper? what percentage is it now, the ones on and the ones off?

Medicaid was expanded was not expanded enough in this state

I cant see where the insurance companies were hurting for money…

how many people pay for this coverage but do not even use it?

Why would 250% be harsh? Especially if it correct. A few decades ago I told my auto insurer what percentage my car insurance went up over the last decade…he said that was not possible…well the figures were there

what are riches?:dubious:

Our income is in the donut, no discounts, but unaffordable premiums and high copays and high deductibles that will never be met

There is a federal exchange that is available to everyone.

There are two obvious sources of the problem.

Obamacare set standards on insurance so that insurance that never actually covered anything now has to cover quite a bit, especially if your insurance had a high deductible, high copays and a low annual payout limit. These plans basically paid out after about $5000/year but stopped paying out at some low level like $50,000/year and dropped your coverage the year after you hit that cap or developed some condition.

You should be happy. Your old plan likely had a lot of loopholes and didn’t protect you as much as you think it did. The ACA created standards, and likely yours didn’t meet them, so that’s why you’re paying more. Or you’re just too lazy to look up an exchange. Or you live in a red state where your GOP governor didn’t expand Medicaid for the sole purpose of pissing you off and making you think its Obama’s fault rather than theirs

My premium is 0 but I have to pay the penalty cost.

Not exactly. The Mr. was released from his job in August, 2.5 years after an accident that left him unable to work. (It’s a public agency, and was legal for them to fire him due to compelling need.) There was no way we could afford COBRA on our income, so we tried to get insurance. Our state didn’t expand Medicaid, and my husband hasn’t completed his medical treatment via workers comp, so he isn’t officially disabled per guidelines. The expansion was meant to cover families/individuals whose income falls between 33-133% of the federal poverty rate definition. The exchanges kick in at 133%+. Our income falls within that bubble - the kids became eligible for public health coverage, but Tony and I are screwed if we break a hip or something. (And, when the Littlest Miss is in school next year, I will get a job just for health insurance. Until then, I can’t afford to pay for childcare for her and home assistance for my husband - that would cost more than I would earn, by far.)

re: people telling me to go through the exchanges:

I looked into that, and it would have only saved me $15 - $20 per month. Not hundreds.

No Ramen, but no iPhone either.

Well, which is it?

Back when I had no insurance at all, a visit to a general practitioner at the local poverty clinic cost me $50.

Now that my employer provides ACA-compliant insurance, the same trip to the same doctor is $250. Insurance pays $70, I pay $180. (Plus the $16 deducted from my paycheck every week.)

I have yet to use any service that was not available to me before. My out-of-pocket expenses have more than tripled.

So far, the ACA has cost me more than it has benefited me.

$16/week is bargain basement price for a plan. My plan costs more in a month than you pay in a year.

So the reason you have such a high co-pay is you have such a low-cost plan. But now you’re insured if you get hit by a car/cancer/etc

Why wouldn’t you just tell them you don’t have insurance?

So you go to the doctor at the local poverty clinic, and s/he charges more for people with insurance? Why don’t you tell him you don’t have insurance and pay the fifty bucks?