"Factory music"... anyone know where it came from?

Just to let you know that this thread inspired me to get the compilation The Music of Raymond Scott: Reckless Nights & Turkish Twilights. Great stuff there.

[QUOTE=RealityChuck]
Just to let you know that this thread inspired me to get the compilation The Music of Raymond Scott: Reckless Nights & Turkish Twilights. Great stuff there.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve owned it for years.
It’s great stuff.
You made a fine buy.

I didn’t know what the music was or who Raymond Scott was until I heard “Powerhouse” on Dr. Demento. I immediately got the CD RealityChuck mentioned. I recognized the other tracks that were used in Looney Tunes instantly.

I also have the “Manhattan Research Inc.” compilation containing many electronic pieces.

Here’s one of his collaborations with Jim Henson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep0h7R8JnjM

Here’s a link to a thread I started on the same thing.

[QUOTE=Earl Snake-Hips Tucker]
I would just add that (as has been pointed out before) the “Powerhouse” is the kind of music you would expect to hear if Rube Goldberg actually built one of his contraptions.
[/QUOTE]

Well, part of it is. The second part is the music frequently heard in “chase scenes” in old WB and MGM cartoons.