Fake or not?

I have my doubts, but found this pic on a site. No other information about it. I checked snopes with “merman” and “mermaid” etc… Nothing.

I think a find like this would make worldwide news.

Looks like a movie prop to me.

Fake, and not a good one. The guys that did Alien Autopsy were better at this kind of thing, and they sucked.

Agreed. They could’ve at least made it look slimy or something. ha.

I dunno-- I’ve looked at the photo pretty carefully, examined it from different angles and various enlargements; I’ve mucked around a bit in Photoshop with it, and I’m inclined to believe it’s definitely real.

Real papier-mache.

Not to be snarky, but what reason would you have to believe it’s real?

Unless I saw the picture on CNN, with a datestamp other than April first, I’d just brush it off as a hoax.

It’s a Fiji Mermaid.

Well, I’m sure it’s fake, but if I were on the beach and saw it in the shadows, I would have a heart attack.

Just got back from a day at China Beach and could easily imagine, with the sand in my shoes, all sorts of wonders from the waves…

I am not sure why, but I think this picture is very, very cool.

He’s dead, Jim.

Did I just get whooshed or did you actually think that was real? Please tell us you were kidding. :confused:

No, I never thought it was real. But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t overlook or just not hear about some odd finding in some tropical country. :slight_smile:

I used to catch those all the time…in the Mississippi River just downstream from the Monticello Nuke plant. You hardly ever see them anymore. I hear they’ve been out-competed by the furry carp.

PS- They fight like hell, but they’re really bony and not good eating.