Falcon: stalker or enraptured ingenue

We know her, we love her but how would we classify her?

Your thoughts.

How would we classify me? thinks

Inspired by a uniform. grins and winks

Aren’t falcons members of the wingus flappius species?

Most, if not all falcons are protected species in the United States. I don’t know about other countries, but it probably applies to an aircraft carrier.

In Australia, the Falcon is the predominant vehicle manufactured by the Ford Motor Company. The General Motors subsidary, Holden, are Ford’s archrival, to the extent that we have a complete car racing series annually based on the Ford Falcon and the Holden Commodore.

One of the classic lines to come out of the perpetual rivalry: “This is Holden country, where on a quiet day you can here all the Falcons rusting.”

Do you rust away as well, Falcon?

Bloody hell, another typo! Substitute “hear” for “here”.

Ingenue, I think. Who knows? You pays your money and you picks your frame of reference! :wink:

ooops! Sorry Chief; please forgive me the smiley.

Wait…what am I being protected from? And what if I don’t WANT to be protected?? grins

I don’t have a clue but the thread title made me laugh out loud. Woke the dog up even.

Falcons: class Aves, order Falconiformes, family Falconidae, genus Falco. Some species include

-the peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus),
-the kestrel or sparrowhawk (Falco sparverius),
-the merlin (Falco columbarius),
-the gyrfalcon (Falco rusticolus),
-and (here’s one!) the laughing falcon (Herpetotheres cachinnans).

Let’s see, now…
Peregrines are notoriously nervous birds. <glances at Falcon lounging languidly across the Board, smirking at us> Nah.
Kestrels scold quite viciously whenever anyone approaches them. Definitely not!
Merlins…this bears consideration–Falcon, can you turn one of us into an animal as a test? Oh, right…we’re already animals. Do you call any of us “Wart”? Don’t answer that! We’ll skip this one.
Gyrfalcons tend to be very focussed on the hunt–does this play into the stalking bit? Er…probably not. Never mind. Now please get away from my window, Falcon…
Laughing falcon…Judging by her current activity, I’d say we definitely have a specimen of Herpetotheres cachinnans here. Here, just listen to her http://www.mbr.nbs.gov/id/mexico/h10490so.wav
Given the demonstrated ability to use a computer, I’d guess we’re dealing with a bondbird variety, at least…

Smilies ommitted in deference to the Chief. I’m sure you can all figure out where they should go.

Classification: Kind, sweet soul with fits of flirtateousness brought on by hormonal flux due to uniformous intoxicatuousness. (look ma, I made a word!) Don’t worry, Chief, I’ll bet once she got you outta uniform, she’d return to normal. <suppressing winking smilie out of respect for the military>

Ah, hell, I can’t do it! :wink: Call me a rebel…