As far as kibbitzing by non-players, I think you should do it here, not via PM. There are plenty of non-players watching the action, I think.
Thanks, but I’m only on during working hours, and only because I’m not busy right now. I’ll just watch. But thanks for asking!
[QUOTE=twickster]
As far as kibbitzing by non-players, I think you should do it here, not via PM. There are plenty of non-players watching the action, I think.
[/QUOTE]
I think we should have no kibitzing by post or PM. It doesn’t seem fair otherwise. Too much help for the challenging team. please notice, I say this as the perpetually challenging team.
Jim
[QUOTE=twickster]
As far as kibbitzing by non-players, I think you should do it here, not via PM. There are plenty of non-players watching the action, I think.
[/QUOTE]
Do you mean I should post a guess for them to think about? (My Yiddish is rusty!)
Ok, no problem… I’ll just yell at the screen like I would yell at the TV show!
[QUOTE=Dolores Reborn]
Do you mean I should post a guess for them to think about? (My Yiddish is rusty!)
[/QUOTE]
Yes, that’s what “kibbitzing” means – looking over the shoulders of those playing a game and commenting on it.
And apparently we’re not allowing it. ![]()
[QUOTE=twickster]
Yes, that’s what “kibbitzing” means – looking over the shoulders of those playing a game and commenting on it.
And apparently we’re not allowing it. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
I don’t know, just my opinion. I am good with whatever everyone else says.
Jim
Have we made our guess yet? 
One of us should officially guess so hopefully I can maybe play before I go on spring break tomorrow and am on the net less. Not it! 
[QUOTE=What Exit?]
So far I like Hairdresser/Shampoo girl.
Any more suggestions Red Team?
[/QUOTE]
Me too!
[QUOTE=frog princess]
[QUOTE=What Exit?]
So far I like Hairdresser/Shampoo girl.
[/QUOTE]
Me too!
[/QUOTE]
twickster, when you get back, I think we have enough votes to move on. Your call.
Another Hairdresser vote here!
Excellent choice, Red Team!
Name a profession that involves water:
- Plumber
- Lifeguard
- Firefighter
- Fisherman
- Swimming/diving instructor (includes all coaches and teachers of water sports, like water polo, surfing, water aerobics, etc.)
- Ship captain (ocean liner)
- Gardener/landscaper (all ornamental growers)
-
Farmer (all food growers) - Marine biologist/oceanographer
- Coast Guard rescue (all Navy and Coast Guard personnel, incl. submarine crews)
- Janitor (maid, cleaning person)
- Dishwasher
- Hairstylist/shampoo girl
- Bartender
This gives you the steal – 13 points for the ones Blue got, plus 1 point for the one you got (plus 10 points for taking the round? Or are we not doing that now that you get the points?).
BTW, here’s the full list:
- Plumber
- Lifeguard
- Firefighter
- Car wash operator
- Fisherman
- Swimming/diving teacher (water aerobics, surfing, water polo)
- Harbor craft operator (tug, ferry)
- Ship captain (ocean liner)
- Porpoise trainer (all Sea World employees)
- Landscaper (all ornamental growers)
- Farmer (all food growers)
- Aquarium operator (public aquarium staff)
- Oceanographer/marine biologist
- Sailor (all Navy, incl. submarine crew, and Coast Guard)
- Cleaning person (janitor, maid)
- Laundromat manager (other laundry staffers)
- Aquarium store operator (all pet shop staff)
- Dishwasher
- Dowser
- Well digger
- Bottled water sales/delivery
- Hairstylist (shampoo girl)
- Pearl diver
- Bartender
- Sponge harvester
- Lock operator
I’m guessing no one wants me to emcee another round – does someone from Red Team want to volunteer?
[QUOTE=twickster]
Excellent choice, Red Team!
This gives you the steal – 13 points for the ones Blue got, plus 1 point for the one you got (plus 10 points for taking the round? Or are we not doing that now that you get the points?).
[/QUOTE]
Yeah us!
What the heck is the score? Does blue have ANY points?
[QUOTE=ZipperJJ]
What the heck is the score? Does blue have ANY points?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we won the first two rounds, I think … the original scoring system was screwy, though, so I don’t know what the actual score is. I was waiting for Idle Thoughts to come back and do the math.
My spring break starts today. PM me if our team is up because I will be around internet all week but probably won’t read the boards unless I have a PM for this game.
Just wondering if anybody’s going to run another round?