Famous band lineups that are never going to happen.

Actually, it’s now completely impossible, since Richard Wright recently passed away.

I doubt that Metallica will ever play with Dave Mustaine again…or Ron McGovney, for that matter. :slight_smile:

I’m not aware of any bad blood between Anderson and Barre. The given reason for Barre’s absence from the current tour is that he’s “too busy” with solo projects and other stuff.

Anderson is diplomatic about the situation as always, but I’ve seen some statements from Barre where, although he refuses to go into detail, he’s pretty clearly not happy about it.

Agnetha also has given up on music. She doesn’t listen to it, sing it, or perform it.

Frida inherited a buttload of money when her husband died. She doesn’t need the cash and just doesn’t want to it do.

Bjorn has severe dementia, with problems remembering things. Like lyrics.

That just leaves Benny. Not much of a reunion.

I seriously doubt if another Jefferson Airplane reunion with the main cast: Marty Balin, Grace Slick, Paul
Kantner, Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady will happen again. It did in 1989 for an album and a tour but I don’t think any of them were happy with the result. Jorma and Jack bitched about the others insisting the album be made first as product that could be promoted, Slick is retired from singing, Balin left the band several times in the past and Kantner is Kantner-the guy who said after a brain hemorrhage in the early 1980s didn’t change him, that he was the same old asshole.

Met and talked to Paul Kantner in a bar in San Francisco several years back, and while he was actually friendly enough, he clearly has an ego the size of the TransAmerica Pyramid…

I just realized that I should have titled this thread “Famous band lineups that are never going to happen again.”

Thankfully, so far leaving “again” out of the title hasn’t confused anyone.

That is just sad.

Presumably she already had a buttload from ABBA.

That is even sadder. Although he only sang backup on all their hits. And lots of aging performers use TelePrompters these days. They often look like stage audio monitor speakers.

Indeed.

I’ve heard the members of The Jets love to do ABBA covers. They could back him up…