Fantasy Football Dynasty Advice Sought

It is pretty straight forward, I can keep two, and it will cost me a 4th and a 5th round draft pick. I don’t know where I will be drafting yet. Te players under consideration are Alfred Morris, Cam Newton, and Demaryius Thomas. It’s not a PPR league (technically it is a PP4R league). I think Morris is a definite but I keep going back and forth on the other two.

How big is the league? What are your roster settings? Scoring settings (i.e. TD pass, pass yds, etc.)? Morris is a no-brainer.

12 teams; 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K. Standard scoring except for the we get 0.25 per reception and we get 0.25 point per QB complete pass and -0.25 per incomplete pass.

Newton in the 5th is a bargain in a 10 team league, let alone 12. I’m not really sure how much your complete/incomplete hitch affects him, though.

Thomas has an ADP (average draft position) in the 20-25 range while Cam Newton has an ADP in the 30’s, so Thomas offers more value for the pick. Plus, I think the QB position is much easier to fill this year, with Newton more easily replaced than someone like Thomas. I’d go Morris and Thomas as keepers, and either draft Rodgers/Brees in the first or second or wait and get Manning/Brady in the third, or even wait further and grab Ryan/Stafford/Kaepernick/Luck/RGIII/Wilson/Romo or whoever is left in the 6th.