Fantasy funeral

That was literally one of the choices in the OP, so I’m not sure why all the fighting of the hypothetical.

Because I’d want that whether or not it had anything to do with my funeral. What is that adding to it? Nothing, in my view. I’m not saying that as part of a fantasy about my funeral. Why not remove that from the premise altogether? I suppose because then it sounds like a beauty pageant question. But that’s really what it is.

I don’t think I’m helping this thread so I’m going to unsubscribe.

@thorny_locust

I’ve seen those little graveyards you’ve mentioned. I think they were created before the zoning laws were born to complicate our lives. If the burial grounds are sharing the back lot line of the private property, I would think their presence would have a lesser effect on the property value than a graveyard smack in the middle of a lot.

I don’t want to take the chance that a family cemetery would negatively affect the property value. If my kids have to sell the land, I want them to get full value.

It’s a shame, though. I’d already decided on what Mr VOW’s marker would read. He’s an amateur astronomer. (One of our outbuildings is his observatory. The roof rolls off so he can use his telescope.)

Anyway, I thought about a flat stone, saying “Let Me Lie Here so I Can Look Up at the Stars I Loved so Well.” That certainly won’t fit on his VA marker!

~VOW

King Tut (King Tut)
Now when he was a young man
He never thought he’d see (King Tut)
People stand in line to see the boy king. (King Tut)

How’d you get so funky? (Funky Tut)
Did you do the monkey?
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia (King Tut)

(King Tut) Now, if I’d known
They’d line up just to see him, (King Tut)
I’d taken all my money
And bought me a museum. (King Tut)
Buried with a donkey (Funky Tut)
He’s my favorite honkey!
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia (King Tut)

Dancin by the Nile, (Disco Tut)
The ladies love his style, (Boss Tut)
Rockin for a mile (Rockin’ Tut)
He ate a crocodile. (Ooh)

He gave his life for tourism. (King Tut)

(Tut, tut) (Tut, tut) Golden idol!
(Tut, tut) (Tut, tut)
(Tut, tut) He’s an Egyptian
(Tut, tut) (Tut, tut)
They’re sellin’ you (King Tut)

Now, when I die
Now don’t think I’m a nut, (King Tut)
Don’t want no fancy funeral
Just one like ol’ King Tut. (King Tut)

He coulda won a Grammy, (King Tut)
Buried in his jammies
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia
He was born in Arizona, got a condo made of stone-a
King Tut!
~`Steve Martin

Taiwan has funeral strippers.

On a more “serious” note, I very well might opt for a full-size replica of the Great Pyramid.

Would you go for traditional mummification, or modern plastination?