Fargo S4

Took me till near the end to work out why the current episode was in Black and White.

Just finished the episode - I still don’t quite get some of the guests in the hotel, unless they were simply figments of his imagination/memory.

I loved the callback to the book - The History of True Crime in the Midwest

East and West could refer to wicked witches. Rabbit might even be the Rabbi reincarnated as the Oz like dog earlier in the day.

Ok so we’re on the same page here.

But, that’s Fargo! :woman_shrugging:

That must have been a sharknado, because the series has jumped a few.

Some explain that epi to me?

Good recap, thanks. Still…

It’s not for us to understand. Just to be like “Yeah, Fargo’s a cool show.”

I knew Rabbi was a goner when he left the hotel without doing the “I’m either in jail or dead” thing with Satchel. Despite knowing this, I was still sad when he got sucked up in the tornado.

I liked the “either dead or in jail” thing. I got a real Dread Pirate Roberts “I’ll probably kill you in the morning” vibe from it.

So at the end of the episode we see Satchel with a gun in his belt. Is he going to kill someone? Who?

Yup, I thought the same thing.

Well that was an hour I will never get back. I’ve gotta say, having never seen a previous season of this show, I don’t think I’m going to tune in for the next one. It’s now giving me major Legion vibes, where it was a really cool show at the beginning and turned into a weird pile of nonsense just because Hawley likes weird. I bailed after the second season of that one.

If you’ve never seen the previous seasons, you really should. It’s a really good show.

“It WAS a…”.

Still is - this season has lots of golden moments - Nurse Mayflower being the highlight for me.

Outside of the context of previous seasons, yes it probably is a decent enough quirky show, but it’s so much lower quality than the previous seasons that it is a definite loss for new viewers not to go back. Even Season 3, which I enjoyed, but others thought the worse, was much much better.

I guess some things are under the contraints of covid, lack of ability to revisit, redefine and reshoot parts of it doesn’t help. It’s intrigue. A lot of nothing happening.

I’m not even sure of the connection to Fargo or Minnesota or North Dakota at all, kind of coincidental and barely related. I assume the nurses accent is the strange one of Minnesota. The worst shots ever, they got sold the guns, were from Fargo and that’s about it. First season was in Bemidji, second season Fargo itself, third in Minnesota too. I mean Kansas is three states down from Fargo, you go three states westerward and you’re at the Pacific Ocean in Oregon…

I’m watching it to the end now, that’s for sure, but I’d tell people who start the series to skip it, like past season 3 of Lost, past season 4 of Orange is the new black.

In general, I agree with you -

The real ties to other seasons -

a) The Fargo group that bought the guns/came to hit the Italians - this is specifically the person in season 2 that killed Gerhardt’s leader at the time

b) Satchel is likely to become Mike Milligan (also from season 2)

THe real tie in is the book - The History of True Crime in the Midwest - all of the fargo seasons are coming from that history.

I’m OK with tenuous connections to Fargo (the location, the film and the previous seasons). I’m willing to accept the show as a series of very loosely connected seasons.

Was there something after the tornado? I didn’t catch that scene.

Anyone else notice that the religious gas station owners (not seen) were named Em and Henry? (As in “Auntie Em! Uncle Henry!”)