Fargo typo

Am I the only one who noticed that the movie Fargo starts off with a typo? The first screen which (falsely) claims the film to be based on a true story has this line:

“Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occured.”

Doesn’t “occurred” have two r’s? Was this intentional?

Are you sure there’s only one R? Snopes has it transcribed as two. Just about every other film site I searched has it with two Rs also.

Got a screen grab or a website that makes a similar 1-R case?

Nope. I don’t have a screenshot or link. I’m just watching the movie on DVD now and I noticed it. Can anyone else verify this? I realize as far as questions go this isn’t as important as questions about cancer or athlete’s foot but I was just curious.

Sorry, man. Two R’s.

But that’s what we’re here for, and if nobody has done so, yet: Welcome! :slight_smile:

Well, maybe it’s just my copy. I just verified it again. Only one ‘r’. I’ve got the “Special Edition”. I don’t know if that makes any difference. Thanks for the welcome, by the way!

Wow, strange. Are you in the States, or did you buy your Special Edition from a Bangkok street vendor, perchance? :stuck_out_tongue:

Look forward to seeing you around the board.

Well, it’s a legal copy as far as I know. I probably got it at Best Buy or something.

That DVD could be worth a FORTUNE! Like a misprinted stamp or something.

I have it on VHS and it doesn’t indicate it’s special edition. 2 r’s.

The New Special Edition–now with MORE TYPOS!

Directed by the Cohen Brothers, starring Francis MacDormand and William H. Macie. :wink:

Well if this is the case, I think we can all agree that in this particular case it wasn’t a b best buy, but rather an Adequate Purchase.

I can verify you are correct. I have a “Special Edition” DVD that has the same type – one r. I’ve had this DVD for years and never noticed. I’m sure I got it at a normal commercial source – AFAIK know I don’t have any bootleg DVDs. Most likely I got it at Circuit City.