[QUOTE=Tully Mars]
In Texas, the ‘in’ thing this season is to put the cars on the West side of the house. Putting them in the front yard is so last year.
[/QUOTE]
Damn, I’d heard it was something else completely. I’d better put a rush stop on that shipment of turquoise (pink is a definite don’t for this fall!) flamingos. I’m guessing that the toilet planters are still okay though?
[QUOTE=tremorviolet]
Definitely true that fashion writers are pretty much out of touch. It’s always amusing to see what the writers and stores will push one season that utterly flops. (last summer it was slim cut bermuda shorts which don’t look good on any woman larger than Nicole Richie and gauchos never really took off either) I see a lot more exciting and interesting stuff happening on the street with the teens and the DIY ethic.
(BTW, I just listened to y’all’s song on myspace and really liked 'em. If y’all ever make it down to Austin, lemme know and I’ll come check ya’ll out.)
[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. The closer to the street, the truer it is. That goes for music, too.
Thanks for the compliment, BTW; we don’t have Austin in our plans yet, but who knows? Maybe if Banana Republic wants to foot the bill…we could all wear blazers, striped ties, and… socks.
[QUOTE=faithfool]
Damn, I’d heard it was something else completely. I’d better put a rush stop on that shipment of turquoise (pink is a definite don’t for this fall!) flamingos. I’m guessing that the toilet planters are still okay though?
[/QUOTE]
Toilet planters are OK, but you simply must switch over to the low-volume flush models. We must environmentally aware, you know. I read that the delightful designer, Bubba Le`Roi, is showing a new line of abandoned satellite dishes just in time for Christmas.