Favorite character in prime-time TV

I’d have to say my own is the guy who’s always on the piano in Glee. He hasn’t had any speaking roles, yet, but for some odd reason i find him comforting. He’s the performance equivalent of comfort food, in my mind.

Who’s yours?
–CiaTH

I really liked Kramer in Seinfeld.

Dr. Turk, scrubs is another good one.

Hawkeye in MAS*H was a good one.

Dr. Walter Bishop on Fringe. He cracks me up at least once in every episode.

Jethro Gibbs. YUMMY!!

Moved to Cafe Society.

twicks, MPSIMS mod

I liked Kramer, he was just so “out there”.
Other favorites were Jim, from Taxi and Phoebe (?) the blond from Friends who gave us the Smelly Cat song.

House. Only because I think he’s hot. I don’t care that he’s a self-absorbed jerk.

Spike, in 5 words. :smiley:

Rick Castle… Hands down. If Life was still on it would be a toss up between Castle and Charlie Crews.

If we’re picking stuff that isn’t on anymore, I’m hopping on the Whedon bandwagon and going with Jayne. God, I loved to be horrified by that man.

Current shows? Jeez, I don’t know how to pick between Sheldon from Big Bang Theory or Jack Donaghy in 30 Rock. I think they’re both unique characters in the tv landscape.

If I could *be *anyone from current shows, I’d be Shawn from Psych. He gets to be a smartass all day long, and gets away with it.

My favorite character to be buddies with would be Sam Axe from Burn Notice. He’s always got your back. And a few chicks on the line.

Gregory House.

Followed somewhat closely by Cal Lightman from “Lie to Me.”

Current Shows:

Dean Winchester

Past Shows:

Spike

I love Matthew Gray Gubler as Dr. Spencer Reid on* Criminal Minds,* as well as the Garcia and Morgan characters on that show. I also like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory and Sayid and Sawyer on Lost.

Jadzia Dax.

She had the wisdom of generations and could kick Klingon ass.

Anya “Jenkins”, from BtVS. Hawt, funny, extremely quirky, brutally honest, and she had the best lines in the musical:

When things get rough, he
just hides behind his Buffy!
Now look he’s getting huffy,
'Cause he knows that I know.

*Bunnies aren’t just cute like everybody supposes:
They’ve got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses!
And what’s with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for, anyway?
Bunnies! Bunnies, it must be bunnies!

… Or maybe midgets?*

She came from the grave much graver!

“Beady-eyes” is right: We’re needed.
Or we could just sit around and glare.

It used to be Chris, on Northern Exposure (John Corbett…whatever happened to that show, anyway? Can’t some station re-run it?

Now, it’s 50/50 - Dr. Greg House OR Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs. Yes, I know he isn’t playing a character, so sue me.

Most of the shows I watch are reruns. Current shows on the air I like Sheldon from “Big Bang Theory” and I like the whole cast of “The New Adventures of Old Christine.”

Mozzie on White Collar. He’s the man.

I was originally thinking *Jane *from The Mentalist. But your post reminded me of Rick Castle. He just seem to be enjoying himself.