Favorite Miniseries

In another thread I was reminded of another one that I loved. The Offer a ten episode miniseries about the making of The Godfather. Yes enough happened to be able to make a 10 episode miniseries. Great cast who did great work especially Matthew Goode.

Speaking of The Godfather-----Francis Ford Coppola reworked the first two movies into a 4 part miniseries (one three-hour episode and three two-hour episodes) that aired on NBC in November of 1977.

The Godfather Saga
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather_Saga

I can’t believe I didn’t immediately think of The Fall of the House of Usher I could just watch it on repeat, I find it so good.

Same writer/director has a new miniseries of Carrie, the Stephen King book. He seems to think he has something to offer the previous two filmed adaptations didn’t. I am very interested.

Three versions, the second version was made for TV.

I must have missed this one. I mainly know the 1970s one, which is really good.

I’m a big Mike Flannagan fan so I have high hopes for this one. I don’t doubt that it will be better than the previous two remakes.

I would go with both the recent and the original versions of Shogun. Both great IMHO.

Some more of my favorites over the years (in no particular order):
The Penguin
Dune / Children of Dune (SciFy Channel)
The Stand
V / V: The Final Battle (original)
North and South
Winds of War
It (90s)
Generation Kill
Masters of the Air
The Queens Gambit
Watchmen
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero (that was a big deal when I was a kid!)

Arguably the Battlestar: Galactica reboot (no idea that it would turn into a series)

I really liked The Haunting of Hill House, but everything since has been just a bit too by the numbers. If Rembrandt had done paint-by-numbers, he’d have been to the art world what Flannagan is to screenplays.

Still brilliant, but also still just by the numbers.

Still the best Dune adaptations!

I’m surprised Danger: UXB hasn’t been mentioned yet. I loved that miniseries, shown on Masterpiece Theatre in the US, every butt-clenchingly suspenseful minute of it!

Wolf Hall is a favorite, I have consumed both the tv series and Hilary Mantel’s trilogy several times.

Currently I’m really enjoying Outrageous, about the Mitford sisters.