Favorite Pizza Topping Combinations

Ooo! I’ll have to try that some time. One of my favorite pizzas–but this really is specific to the place, as it has to be just right–is an actual Italian beef with hot giard pizza. This one, specifically. If you add Italian sausage to it, you basically have a “combo” pizza. (A “combo” in the Chicago area refers to an Italian beef and Italian sausage sandwich, at least at any place that has Italian beef and Italian sausage on the menu.) I’ve done sausage & giard before, but not pepperoni & giard (I’m not really a big pepperoni fan, in general, except for pepperoni & egg pizza.)

Damn fundies… :wink:

Artichoke hearts, mushrooms, fresh mozzarella, heirloom tomatoes, pesto, chopped red onions. Mmmmmm pizza

All of this is making me hungry. Some good ideas here.

Pretty much anything and pineapple.

Pepperoni and green peppers. Maybe sausage too.

I’m sorry, but if you disagree with me you are just absolutely wrong.

Ranger has spoken!

I used to order a pizza with jalapenos and anchovies for me and my son. We both loved the combo, and got a kick out of the fact that we could offer a slice to anyone knowing that few would accept.

Yes, love it!

Pepperoni and green and/or black olives.
Chicken, bacon, BBQ sauce, provolone cheese (also good with Ranch sauce).
Ham & pineapple. (Sorry, QuickSilver)
Feta cheese, kalamata olives, prosciutto.

Any love for taco pizza here? Now I’m hungry…

I like blended cheese, mozzerella, provolone, and parmesan among others. My go to topping over that is pepperoni, I have no objections to anchovies, after that maybe sausage (sliced not crumbled). Everything else I can do without.

Garlicky shrimp, artichoke heart chunks, and prosciutto (put the raw prosciutto on after it comes out of the oven). Oh, and chopped fresh basil. On a margarita base.

Roasted Garlic marinated mushrooms, and shrimp on an alfredo sauce base is awesome.

It looks like I need to try

Spinach feta walnut

Pineapple garlic anchovy

And maybe a cheese combination (w Gouda?)

Does anyone use fontina?

One of the more unusual pizzas I’ve ever had came from a place located in the city of my alma mater. Late Night Pizza in Athens, Ohio closed down several years ago, much to the chagrin of both students and alumni such as myself.

Their most famous variety had artichokes and some specific type of cheese (the name of which escapes me, but it wasn’t one of the usual suspects). I’m not much on a pizza that doesn’t have some kind of meat on it, but it would have been superfluous in this case. It was absolutely incredible, and I woulds love to find something approximating it one day.

One of the more original ones I’ve made is pizza en nogada, which was basically chiles en nogada as a pizza: so, a picadillo type ground beef mixture, poblanos, a walnut cream sauce, cheese, and topped with pomegranate seeds.

I usually stick with pepperoni and pineapple, but I like to place a delivery order for a four cheese pizza and fry up some Italian sausage and onions to put on it while I’m waiting.

I notice that breakfast pizza is being offered in local restaurants, with many of the things you might expect: egg, ham, sausage, bacon, hash browns, etc. One had maple syrup and marscapone.

I used to really like the pizza we got in the town we used to live in. They called it a rustica and it had sliced, fried potatoes and rosemary and olive oil.

Ideally, ham, onion, and banana pepper/pepperoncini with Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella.

A pizza place near us did a bacon and Brussels sprouts pizza that was amazingly good. I think it had shaved Pecorino Romano on it.

ETA: I was wrong. It had Parmesan and whipped cream.

Yes, I said whipped cream. Unsweetened, though!

This is definitely not a favorite, but in Thailand it’s common, or at least not uncommon, to find corn or peas on a pizza. This last time ordering delivery, we didn’t look closely enough online at the ingredients of one we ordered, because it came with corn. Corn!

There are also Thai-themed pizzas such as tom yum kung pizza or phat kraphao pizza. Those are not bad actually.

Whatever you put on it will be improved 100% by adding fresh basil or other fresh herbs like oregano after it comes out of the oven. It’s like night and day.

I like Greek type pizza or Greek salad pizza - crispy crust, feta, artichokes, olives, roasted red peppers, arugula, pine nuts.

I also like saucy sweet tomato pizza with just mozzarella & basil.

Finally, recently I tried a Turkish pizza which was a grilled pita with ground lamb on it. It was good, but I love lamb. I think it had onions but not sure (got from restaurant).

Mmmmm lots of these sound good!

One of my favourites was made by one of my brother-in-laws.

He uses bread for his base. He spread onion marmalade thinly over the base, then topped it with smoked salmon, capers & dollops of sour cream. It was so good!