Favorite Pizza Topping Combinations

Now I’m angry. :mad:

Ham, pineapple, and mushrooms. Sorry, QS.

Lately, I’ve been doing a vegetarian thing of pineapple, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Damned if that doesn’t taste good - sort of midway between the crispness of a nice salad and the comfort food substance of pizza.

ETA: It doesn’t keep very well, though.

Canadian bacon and tomato slices. A pizza place where I used to live had it and called it the Iditarod for a while, then changed the name to Yukon.

And an old girlfriend introduced me to pepperoni and black olive, far superior to the pepperoni and mushroom I’d been combining up to then.

Pepperoni and black olive, with tomato sauce and mozzarella.

Oh, and buy your pepperoni in sticks and cut it yourself. Make em about 3/16" thick. Way better than those paper thin pre-cut slices.

I’ve had that, and it’s surprisingly good. The sweet & stinky & salty profile works nicely.

I’ve also done puttanesca-style pizza, which is really good, although it doesn’t have the sweet note to balance: tomato sauce, cheese, capers, olives, anchovies, lots of garlic, hot peppers (or pepper flakes.) The whole “no cheese and seafood” rule is a bunch of nonsense, in my opinion. As I said above, bacon, clam, and cheese is transcendent on a pizza.

In the Quad Cities (northwestern-ish Illinois/eastern Iowa, on the Mississippi), I’ve had ham & sauerkraut pizza that was surprisingly good, if you’re looking for something different. Also, there they have something they call “taco pizza,” which is like a taco salad on a pizza (ground beef and cheese on tomato sauce and crust, topped after cooking with tomatoes, lettuce, and a whole pile of crushed tortilla chips.) It’s definitely…odd, but interesting. Not sure I’d call it a favorite, but I do crave it from time to time.

I once had a heavenly pizza which was topped with chunks of chicken tikka masala. Yum!!

I’m normally a pepperoni guy, but enjoy pineapple and ham, and also a pizza topped with jalepeno summer sausage.

Smoked salmon and arugula wasn’t bad either.

Pepperoni for me, sometimes with mushrooms.

Pepperoni and pineapple
Pepperoni, pepper rings, tomatoes and onion
BBQ sauce and chicken (Hi, QuickSilver!)

Remember: It’s not a real cheeseburger pizza unless it has ketchup on it. :smiley:

Come the revolution… :stuck_out_tongue:

Has anyone mentioned Buffalo chicken pizza? Chicken, blue cheese, and hot wing sauce.

Hell, a real cheeseburger pizza has ketchup, mustard, pickles and onions on it. And, yes, American cheese.

Shawarma, onion, and tomato.

I’m partial to most of the usual suspects, except for olives, mushrooms, and anchovies. Give me an assortment of pepperoni, sausage, ham, onions, peppers, with lots of garlic in the sauce, and I’m happy.

For something a little different, though, try a pizza topped with

sweet Italian sausage
a good, strong cheese (Gorgonzola, usually)
red grapes, sliced in half lengthwise
rosemary (optional)

My favorite is chicken pineapple & onions. Also any Philly style pizza Steak or chicken, white sauce extra cheese, onion & green peppers.

Damnstraight.

Meat and lots of it. Extra cheese. Green peppers. Pineapple on my half, as the wife can do without it.

We go a little more straight-up Italian and keep it rather simple, and with one or maybe 2 toppings beyond cheese and sauce.

Some of it is to get the pizza baked properly- too many toppings keeps the heat from above from being transferred in a timely fashion.

Some of it is more because if we’re getting good toppings, we’re not wanting to muddy them up by putting them together.

That said, we tend toward these toppings:

Salami- usually Soppressata, Finocchiona or whatever Italian-style type we can find.
Prosciutto
Anchovies

One of these days I’m going to try to reproduce the best pizza I ever had- it was a tuna and onion pizza that I got in a place a few blocks from the Spanish Steps in Rome.

We usually try and find fresh mozzarella instead of the part-skim shredded kind- it makes a difference!
Sometimes we go American style, and go with pepperoni, canadian bacon and precooked Italian sausage.

Sausage and pineapple.

Pepperoni and hot giardiniera (tastes like Italian beef pizza!).

And a homemade one I made recently: Kimchi, roasted garlic, country ham, spinach. It hits that sweet, salty, spicy spot that I crave so often.