Favorite Seinfeld Episodes?

The Switch

John

“A Festivus, for the rest of us!”

The Japanese one is pretty good. Kramer finds out that he’s spent all of their money on all of the toys and then he “attacks” them with an axe. Very funny.

My favorite is the Merv Griffin episode where Kramer finds the old Merv Griffin set and reassembles it in his apartment. Newman becomes the wacky sidekick and Kramer starts living his life as a talk show (“Hey! It’s Jerry Seinfeld, everybody! Let’s give him a hand for stopping by!”). Then he decides his life/show is boring and he needs a new “angle”.

I have to agree with the one with the Merv Griffin set. I was literally rolling on the floor. I also loved the Soup Nazi and the Contest. I think my all-time favorite scene was when George was telling how he had to rescue a beached whale (he had lied to a woman that he was a marine biologist), and the problem was Kramer’s golf ball.

“George, save the whale… For me?”

My God, I’d forgotten how great that show was in its heyday.

I have to second cmkeller on the episode where Kramer adopts the highway. Precious.

When someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles to frown. But it takes only 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them in the head.

My favorite episodes (in this particular order) are:

1. “Say Vandelay! Say Vandelay!”–with George running out of the bathroom with his pants around his ankles. And while he’s lying on the floor, Jerry says, “And you want to be my latex salesman.”
  2. the puffy shirt
  3. the parking garage
  4. the Keith Hernandez spitting conspiracy that was done in a JFK manner
  5. Merv Griffin’s set

Mt. Dew habit kicked since 2/21/00!

“The sea was angry that day, my friend, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.”

…but when you get blue, and you’ve lost all your dreams, there’s nothing like a campfire and a can of beans!