Favorite Sesame Street bits

I guess even if it isn’t on youtube it still does exist. :wink: I’m surprised the Oscar/Odd Couple bit wasn’t tried earlier, you know, closer to when the Odd Couple was closer to the front of the pop culture mind.

Lots of good memories in this thread. :smiley:

No, there’s no server trouble at SDMB. It’s all a beautiful dream. See post below.

See below. Hangup = double post.

I can tell you that that song is from the Danny Kaye Hans Christian Andersen musical if that helps. Here.

Ernie’s “Sometimes I imagine” song, where he’s a knight and an explorer and stuff, and decides to just stay Ernie. “And I tip my hat… imagine that… imagine thaaaaaat…” For some reason that song is very often in my head, and I happened to catch it on TV this week and it made me smile. I love all of Ernie’s songs, actually.

Big Bird thinking the alphabet is actually one giant word, and singing it in a song…

Any instance of Super Grover, but especially the one where he tries to fix a computer by hopping in a circle saying “wubba wubba”.

Grover the waiter, serving that beady-eyed blue-headed guy, and he makes up rhymes to remember what he ordered.

Anyone remember Tiny Little Super Guy?

Me too!

I work with young 20-somethings, and they didn’t believe me that Kermit was on Sesame Street as well as the Muppet Show. It’s been a lot of years, but I was just sure of it.

Admission: I would like to still watch Sesame Street in the mornings, but EVERY TIME I try to check it out, it’s all about Elmo. The most annoying character ever.

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.

Wow! Cool! First time I’ve heard of or seen that. So, it was the same set-up but a different delivery. Neat.

One two three FOUR FIVE six seven eight nine ten, ELEVEN TWELVE.

More than you want to know about “Mahna Manah”

MortyMootMope - a skit with a song about a king who was bummed because there wasn’t a word that rhymes with his name…until some kid says “FortyFootRope” - :smiley: Wish I could find that on YouTube.

Also “You Gotta Put Down the Ducky If You Wanna Play The Saxophone”

VCNJ~

Would You Like to Buy an ‘O’?

Don Music: “I’ll never get it!” smashes head on piano keys
One of Don’s big hits: “Mary had a bicycle, it’s paint was red as fire…”

Guy Smiley and his game shows.

I remember Tiny Little Super Guy!! I saw someone awhile back who’d gotten glass paint and made real Tiny Little Super Guy glasses. It was one of the most incredible smile-inducing craft projects I’ve ever seen.

In that same vein, has anyone ever noticed the painting in Bert and Ernie’s house that is a portrait of them? It’s like a painting of the puppets themselves; it’s not a cartoon. I love it so much, and I’ve always wanted to have it. Well, (brag!) an artist friend of mine owes me a bit of money, and he’s agreed to paint me that picture instead of pay me back. I’ve even managed to find a frame like the one they have! I can’t wait until he’s finished with it :smiley:

“A loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of buttuh”

I just remembered. I used to do an impression of that when I was in college!

la, la, la…LINOLEUM!!!

Mustn’t forget Ernie singing about the letter D, with Cookie performing backup. I tell you, Henson and Oz were comedic geniuses!

Oh man, I still say “A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter” when I’m making a grocery list! Drives Mr. S bonkers.

I always felt just awful for that poor pastry chef falling down the stairs, almost to the point of tears. He was so proud of his platter of beautiful desserts, and then he fell down and they were ruined and no one would ever get to enjoy them. All that hard work lost. It still makes me feel a little bad just thinking about it. (Shut up.)

Kermit THE Frog reporting on various nursery rhymes.

Bert singing “la la la, linoleum . . . la la la la, lumps in my oatmeal!”

Anything with The Count.

A few weeks ago we were in the poultry barn at the county fair, and at one end were four cages off by themselves holding three turkeys and one goose. Now tell, me, how could I NOT start singing, “One of these things is not like the others / Come on, can you tell which one?”

You guys have all bought the Sesame Street Old School DVDs right? (Volume 2 out in November)

And the Songs From The Street CD boxed set too, right?

Yes?

All of this stuff can be found on those collections. They’re AWESOME.

Oh how it makes me wish for the days of having really, really young children!!! <sigh>

Charles Aznavour on the Muppet Show.