Favorite Sesame Street bits

My favourite has always been Lowercase N

I’m not familiar with it except as legend. Same group, I think. I was just reading the comments on “Capital I” on uTube–they’re strangely coherent and untypically interesting.

ETA: Wow, that lower case n song is a little homoerotic, don’t you think?

I agree, even though the singer claims the first lower case n is a female, I saw a penis outline in the n.

SSG Schwartz

This?

(ETA: No it isn’t. I found a site with the lyrics, but it’s not on Youtube. Sorry. The Original Sesame Street Lyrics Archive - Kermit Songs)
I could listen to Ladysmith Black Mambazo sing the phonebook.

Onetwothree FOUR five sixseveneight NINE ten –

eleven twelve.

-FrL-

They don’t do this segment any more! :frowning:

Here’s the African Alphabet

I love the Ladybug’s Picnic
“They talked about the high price of furniture and rugs
And fire insurance for ladybugs…”
Ahhh.
And **Antigen ** and Miss Elizabeth, I believe that the correct name is TEENY Little Superguy!
Teeny Little Superguy,
Pops right up before your eye,
He’s no bigger than your thumb,
“Snap your fingers,
Here I come!”
Don’t in the sky, don’t look in the sea,
He’s inside of you and me!
You can’t tell a hero by his size,
“I’m just a Teeny Little Superguy.”
Oh Yeah!

Oh boy, my brain is just full of this shit.

Yee-haa! Cowboy X! He went around branding X’s on the good people of Sniddler’s Gulch, and when asked to stop by the Mayor, he agreed, changed his name to Cowboy O and went around branding O’s instead: but the townsfolk didn’t mind because “they really weren’t very bright.”

We had a Sesame Street tape for our kids whose highlight was
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
10 tiny turtles on the telephone
talking to their grocery men

In a special, the had a very long song, called You gotta put down the ducky if you want to play the saxophone" starring Ernie and a cast of thousands, including Danny de Vito, Paul Simon, and many more. Excellent stuff.

It is on youtube, here.

Neat factoid for you: “Onetwothreefourfive, sixseveneightnineten, eleventwelve” was sung by the Pointer Sisters.

My personal favorite was always The Alligator King:

Said the alligator king to his seventh son,
“My son, you win the crown!”
You didn’t give me diamonds or rubies but
you helped me up when I was down.
Take the crown, it’s yours my son,
hope you don’t mind the dents.
I got on sale at a discount store
cost me all of seven cents.
Seven!

Oh! And “I’m an Aardvark”:

I’m an aardvark, and I’m proud!
I’m an aardvark, and I’m happy!
I’m an aardvark, and if I try to be specific
and a little scientific,
I am really quite terrific!

This was always one of my favorites, too. Ten Tiny Turtles.

I would have killed for one of these when I was a kid, and watching it again, I still might. Red Ball Roller Coaster. This might be my all time favorite.

Favorites aren’t always the funny ones. It’s Not Easy Being Green still gets me right here.

And some others that I found whilst trying to find the first few.
Rubber Ducky
Carmen
Little Miss Muffet
C is for Cookie

I loved all the regulars like Bert and Ernie and Oscar etc.
However, Teeny Little Super Guy was one of my favorite sequences on the show.
I loved how they used household items as characters.
First with my older son, then later with my younger son, they’d call out “Mom!
It’s the Teeny Little Super Guy!” and we’d sit down together for another one of his little life lessons.
Don’t look in the sky
Don’t look in the sea
He’s inside of you and me…

Teeny
Also loved the Working Dog film clip.
I’m a dog, I’m a working dog, I’m a hardworking dog.
And the crayon factory.
Absolute favorite bit:
We All Sing With The Same Voice (My Name Is You)

I only saw it once, but my favorite was when Susan Sarandon got stranded in the rain, with a newspaper over her head…and went to the Count’s castle to see if she could use the phone :dubious: :smiley:

There it is! Thanks, GuanoLad.

I was always fascinated by the sequences where kids got to paint on glass – the camera was on one side with the kids on the other, so you could see both the kids’ faces and what they were painting. I wanted to paint on glass so bad for many years.

I loved it when Ernie was trying to share a cookie with Bert. The split was always a little uneven and he ended up eating the whole cookie while trying to make it “equal.”

Anyone remember Don Music? He was the wild-haired pianist and composer who could never finish a tune, and would then fretfully bang his head against the keys in exasperation, shouting “Oh I’ll NEVER get it, NEVER!” I always loved this underrated character … as a pianist and composer myself, I sympathize with his frustrations. :smiley:

My other favorites were the Yip Yips, of course. These guys have inspired me to be a Yip Yip for Halloween someday.

One of the very earliest episodes was the shady guy trying to sell Ernie an 8. That was funny. There are so many more.

But there was one episode with Judy Collins, playing a princess in a fairy tale. The muppet reading the story said something like “and the princess was very happy”. She interrupted and said, “Wait a minute! I’m not happy!”. “But it says right here in the story that you were very happy.” “Do you believe everything you read?” Heh.

The “Danger’s No Stranger” song, just for the line “don’t mention Sherman in Savannah”

Danger’s No Stranger

Do de Rubber Duck

Bert and Ernie were such wonderful characters…