Favorite simpsons character

Yeha(sic), that one episode where they show some old ass man doing the charleston singing “Old grey mare just aint what she used to be, aint what she used to be, aint what she used to be…” literally made me piss my pants.

And when Sideshow bob is calling someone from jail, he says (from memory)
“Incarcerated for ‘Attempted Murder’, oh please. Do they give a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry?”
That was fuckin’ cool.
Noonch.

how did it start? well i don’t know i just feel the craving. i see the flesh and it smells fresh and it’s just there for the taking…
VvvV

I know I’ve already listed mine, but I’m adding Milhouse Van Houten to my list.
Prize moments:

There’s that one scene where he’s in the photo booth flexing without a shirt. “Uhh…my shirt fell off.”

Homer: “I hope you know how to cook.”
Milhouse: “Can I!” (runs to cupboards and starts taking out pots and pans)

And, of course: “C’mon, Bart, you said there’d be fudge-icles.”

Hey Jeannie you got me thinking. Does anyone remember the name of the song that Lisa plays at the end of the episode in which Homer explains how she got her first Sax-a-ma-phone?

Does anyone else notice how Lionel Hutz and Dr. Riveria have their offices next to each other at the Springfield Mall?

“The idea of a walk-in closet sounds frightening. If I’m ever sittin’ at home and a closet walks in, I’m gettin’ outta there.” ~George Carlin

I think it is a complete waste of time to watch tv for any reason, it only takes away from valuable time for playing everquest.

Before everquest I enjoyed nelson the most out of the simpsons characters.

Nelson: Your mom’s in jail
Bart: So’s yours
Nelson: Oh yeah…wanna play?

I love that little bastard too :slight_smile:
Rose

I told you not to be stupid, you moron.

So many great characters, so little space to enter my favorites.

Overall I probably like Homer the most. He always has the best lines:

scene: Simpsons eating dinner, Lisa looks depressed because her favorite substitute teacher left town.

Homer: Lisa, why are you so sad about your teacher leaving?
Lisa: Oh Dad, you wouldn’t understand
Homer: Lisa, just because I don’t care, doesn’t mean I don’t understand.

I love that line. I can’t wait to use it on my own kids.

Besides Homer, I have to go with Lionel Hutz. I remember one episode where they showed Hutz’s office and the name of his shop was “I can’t believe it’s a law firm”. Also when Marge is charged with shoplifting and Hutz’s is defending her.

scene: Hutz and Marge in court. The prosecuting attorney has just finished his opening statement.

Hutz: Wow!, he’s good, he’s going to win!
Marge: MR HUTZ!!!

“It’s like banging your head against a wall because it feels so good when you stop.”

When I think of Lionel Hutz, I think of the smoking monkey. “Look! He’s taking another puff!!”

Daniel - it’s not Jay Sherman that says that, it’s McBain and I know that because he’s one of my favorites.

A reporter asking McBain about his awful newly released movie:

“How do you sleep at night?”

McBain: “On a big mattress stuffed with money surrounded by many beautiful women.”

HA HA!

Hey, that does hurt.

No wonder nobody came to my birthday party.

I sold my soul to Satan for a dollar. I got it in the mail.

Ralph: Hi, Lunchlady Doris! What’s for lunch tomorrow?

LL Doris: NEXT!

Ralph: Chicken Necks?

I can’t choose between:

1. Dr. Nick. Every single scene he’s in, he’s absolutely hilarious. “The coroner. I’m so sick of that guy.”
  2. Sideshow Bob. I agree, the Cape Fear parody is the best episode ever. When he’s at his parole hearing, and someone asks:
    "Doesn’t that tatoo say “Die, Bart, Die?”
    SB: “No, of course not, it’s German for 'The Bart, The.”
    Or the episode where he rigs the mayoral race, and at the end he does the Few Good Men parody:
    “You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth! No truth-handlers, you! Bah, I decry your truth-handling abilities!”
  3. Krusty. The Krusty Komedy Klassic (“Oy, that ain’t good”). Or when Boffo overtakes him in popularity, and then prank calls him pretending to be Japanese and offering him a big business deal (“Me rikey very much!”). Or from the same episode, when they show the Eastern European version of Itchy and Scratchy, and when they return he’s just standing there, cigarette hanging out of his mouth, with this completely incredulous look on his face. But the best is when Sideshow Bob gets out of jail and surpirses him at the telethon:
    SB: I’m so sorry I had you thrown in jail.
    Krusty: I’ll be right back in there if they ever open the books on this thing.

Klassic.

“History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.” -Winston Churchill

How does he pronounce that jaw-breaker of a last name?
I thought it would be Nah-hass-ah-pee-ma-peh-TEE-lohn, with secondary stress on the second and fourth syllables.

My favorite character the effeminate boy who’s always getting beaten up. Not Ralph Wiggum - the other one. I don’t remember his name. He went to a Halloween party dressed as “Calliope, the muse of erotic poetry,” and pranced around in a little white tunic, scattering flowers. He’s hysterical.

I also love Ralph, and I loved Lionel Hutz. I think the fact that David Crosbie was Lionel’s Alcoholics Anonymous partner was great. One of my favorite lines is when Marge says, “We really should stop hiring him.”

Well, it’s 10 months late, and Rousseau hasn’t been around for 5 or so, but the competing show to Krusty was “Gabbo” not “boffo”. And the brainy character Jekeira refers to is Martin Prince.