Favorite Star Trek uniform style?

All the officers looked sharp (as did engineering), but the jumpsuits for everyone else kills that vote for me.

I like the collared TNG movie uniforms–clean and streamlined, pretty comfortable and not too ornate, plus the color pallette suits me better than the overly-bright TOS versions.

Especially this, I’m guessing: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/09/tasha_yar,_polywater_intoxication.jpg

Although it looks, er, non-regulation…

That is not an officer’s uniform, sir. That is a hooker’s uniform.

You got a problem widdat?

My favourite is the original cast movie uniforms (Star Trek II to VI). I did not meant to vote for the Motion Picture uniforms :smack:; those were just plain awful.

I am simply endeavoring to be precise.

I do wish Yar had stayed longer. Wesley Crusher has much to answer for.

ETA: On further consideration, “hooker’s uniform” is a bit harsh and would earn me a beatdown from Yar. It’s a let’s make monkey love uniform.

I voted for the wrong one. I like the Original Cast movie one the most!

Your point being?

You forgot the skant.

Nitpick, TNG uniforms changed for season 3, not season 2. Riker’s beard showed up for season 2, maybe that’s causing the confusion. Or maybe Geordi and Worf changing colors. Anyway, season 2 was still the original ones, and the new ones showed up on the main cast for season 3, though the old ones showed up on background characters for quite a while after that.

Season 3 got a couple of versions of new uniforms. The first ones had vertical lines in the colored part of the torso. They disappeared some time during that season.

The fun uniform question is why do they switch back and forth between the TNG and DS9 uniforms so much? In Generations, they change back and forth between the 2 and throughout DS9 they use both. There’s no clear cut reason why, either. In S4 of DS9, Worf and Sisko both wear the TNG era uniforms for an episode or two. Nog even wears one in a future episode. My guess is that they have a period where they can use either uniform until the switch to the new one is mandatory. Didn’t the US military have a period where soldiers could wear old camo or digital camo?

The worst are a toss up between The Motion Picture, early TNG, and the gap between The Undiscovered Country and TNG. You know, the ones that looked like Kahn-type suits, but without the undershirt or a collar.

I chose the DS9/Voyager uniforms.

Original Series Mirror Universe Uniforms.

I win.

Close the thread. Hand me your agonizer.

I wish they had kept both uniforms. The DS9-style uniform works as a day-to-day work uniform, whereas the TNG Season 3-style is a dressier version. Sort of like a Class A and a Class C uniform.

I voted for the later TNG movie uniform. I liked the fact that the majority of the uniform was the same color for all departments, with just a little color provided by the undershirt. Most importantly, they had the first dress uniform that really looked like a dress uniform, and not a satin sweatshirt, or a dress.

I like the DS9 uniforms, especially with the splashes of colour they’d occasionally augment them with. But I do wish the miniskirts had taken precedence over the jumpsuit for the women.

No option for *Enterprise *blue underwears? Alas and alak! Well, how about:

Snazzy: TNG S3 and onward, Picard Maneuver not withstanding
Function, and kinda styl’n: *Enterprise *coveralls, except-one piece? You have to disrobe to go to the head? But hey, on ENT, they didn’t have problems with dropping trou.
Functional, and kinda meh- TOS/reboot- Perfectly useful service attire, as long as you didn’t mind wearing flood pants or having your shirt riding up when you tried to pound the Acting Captain through the helm controls.
Honorable mention: Mirror Universe T’pol. I’d switch teams

The worst? The Academy uniforms from the reboot movie. Some horrid love child of the TOS movies, and my grandma’s sofa. And this? I just put my baby niece in one of those for bedtime!

It’s a shame Enterprise didn’t get a 5th season. The writers had plans to revisit the Mirror Universe. I’d love to have seen the Imperial Terran Starfleet uniforms for men with Empress Hoshi on the throne. :smiley:

TNG Season 2 forward. Hands down.

I have no explanation for Generations, and neither has anyone else that I’ve asked, but DS9 was reasonably consistent about who wore which style. It was supposed to be the one style was for space stations, and the other style for star ships and earth postings.

Sisko wore the TNG style at the beginning of the first ep, when he was arriving to take over then switched to the DS9/Voy. Likewise, at first Worf wasn’t assigned to DS9, so until he was he used the TNG style, then he switched. And when Sisko was recalled to earth to root out changeling infiltrators, he switched to TNG style for that time.

This distinction even continued when DS9 switched to the First Contact uniforms, and there are episodes where they’re interacting with guys from star ships still wearing old TNG style.

This of course doesn’t jibe with what was going on in the movies and Voyager, where they used uniforms on star ships that DS9 was treating as a space station uniform, but hey, whatcha gonna do. [shrug smiley here]