Favorite typing font

A fan of Tahoma lately.

I voted Times New Roman. It’s what my default is. I’m not picky and don’t care enough to go changing fonts so whatever font the program I’m using has it set to is what I use. I’d only change it if it looked ridiculous to me. There is dozens of fonts that fall in the good enough category to me I wouldn’t take the time to change out of.

Times New Roman for documents, but Papryus is my favorite for things that just need a title or caption.

I like Lucida Sans Unicode because it has larger lowercase, but I mostly use Arial.

I’m a traditionalist: Times New Roman. I really like Bookman Old Style, too.

I use TNR exclusively. Not because I think it’s the best, but because I think it’s good enough. If I started worrying about what font to use I’d never get any work done.

For my offline writing, I have two main places I concentrate on - website design and screenwriting. Both of them use Courier. I’ve gotten so used to it, it’s usually my default.

I do like what I’m using right now in this textarea field. I think it’s Verdana.

Times New Roman, though overused, is easy on my eyes, elegant and clean. But I’ve also loved Century Schoolbook.

My heart belongs to Palatino, as it is so v. pretty.

Verdana’s nice.

I meant to say Courier for screenplays; don’t know why I said TNR.

Book Antiqua for most of my everday typing–most of which involves worksheets for my students. If I need to squeeze bunch of text onto a page (stealing sng from the public domain to share with a class), I gravitate towards Century.

I admit to using Arial on my website, but it’s free and my sister, who while alive was a huge typography nut, insisted that it remain only for web purposes.

I do use Courier or some variation when typing scripts.

Garamond.

Gentium. It’s under an Open Font License and displays various diacritics beautifully. I used it for my thesis and have used it since.

Verdana and Myriad are gorgeous sans-serif fonts. Sometimes I get sick of Arial. It’s a nice font, but when you’ve cranked out 4 websites that all use Arial and then one calls for Verdana it’s a welcome change.

Serif fonts I don’t have much of a preference, as long as it isn’t Times New Roman. I’m just sick of looking at it.

Edit: Our web designer has had a thing for Avenir on headers lately. I like it, but I laugh because I know it’s going to be in all of his designs.

For sans serif fonts, I usually choose Trebuchet, Tahoma, or Verdana (in that order). These are more readable to me on screen, although Verdana is a bit wide for most applications. My latest preference is Gautami, but it’s not widely available on the PCs I’ve used.

For serif fonts, Georgia is my favorite, but Cambria is nice too. New Century Schoolbook is a highly legible, if boring, read for me.