Favourite pop song by a comedian?

For me it’s Benny Hill’s #1 hit single Ernie.

Jasper Carrott’s #5 hit “Funky Moped” mostly sold because of the B-side but it’s still an interesting listen.

Vic Reeves got to #1 with “Dizzy”, but that was a cover version of another artist’s song, so I’m not sure it really counts. It is very enjoyable, though.

Baddiel, Skinner and the Lightning Seeds got to #1 twice withThree Lions, but the Lightning Seeds were a real mainstream band.

Are there any you like in addition to those?

King Tut, Steve Martin: King Tut - SNL - YouTube

Funky Tut!

Added: in 1978 it reached number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Denis Leary sums it up nicely. NSFW.

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Soul Man by the Blues Brothers, aka John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd. It reached #14 in 1979.

The Hanukkah Song by Adam Sandler.

Party All the Time by Eddie Murphy

For Eddie Murphy I like Whatzupwitu (feat. Michael Jackson) better… Not sure why MJ’s presence wasn’t enough to make this more of a hit, I think it came out a few months before his '93 scandal.

Is Tom Lehrer a comedian who has songs, or a musician who’s funny?

Neither, he is a mathematician who has songs and is funny,

Take Off by Bob & Doug McKenzie (featuring Geddy Lee).

Can’t do one. Here’s a mount rushmore of favorite Pop songs by comedians.

Basketball Jones by Cheech and Chong
King Tut - Steve Martin
Wet Dreams - Kip Adotta
Disco Duck - Rick Dees

I could have put countless Weird Al songs on the list but like Lehrer, I don’t consider him a comedian.

Donald Trump trying to sing the National Anthem. Too soon? Okay, how about…

Earache My Eye by Cheech and Chong.

The Trail of the Lonesome Pine, by Laurel & Hardy. It reached #2 on the UK charts in 1975.

Beauty, eh?

Also: their version of The Twelve Days of Christmas.

It would have to be one of the early Will Smith songs–possibly I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson, but several others would be in the running. (This is discounting Weird Al songs, which would beat Will Smith like Mike Tyson.)

If Flight of The Concords songs qualify, I’ll go with Think About It

Jerry Lewis “Rock-a-Bye Your Baby” (1956) Yes, I’m serious.

Sam Kinnison’s cover of Wild Thing.

Well, Wikipedia considers Ray Stevens to be a comedian (among other things), so I’m gonna nominate Ahab the Arab, my favorite novelty tune.